• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Toyota Dethroned GM as the Number One Automaker in the United States

when I stop for fuel in my 95 ck3500, I get women walking up to me saying "that's a beautiful truck"
what do you toyota guys get "love you long time"

I've had a lot of women tell me my Dakota is beautiful.

I guess chicks dig that amber fire color.

Not mine, but same color-

chad1.jpg

96297545_614.jpg

People need to stop with brand loyalty when it comes to anything after about 2005.
The people in office in the 90's made sure we would become a global market and guess what, we did, and every car and truck made since has had parts shipped in from different countries to get assembled.
Once that happened every single vehicle became an accountant equation of sourcing the least expensive thing that still hit a particular performance point. There is no love and ingenuity in car design, not anymore, there is just "market research" and bean counters finding things for the smallest pile of beans, then setting a price based on a category or market sector, not actual cost. This is why at year end they can cut $20,000 off the top of luxury brands and trucks.
In my opinion, buying new is either a purely economic decision based on circumstances(like right after the last cash for clunkers) or a fools errand. To each their own of course.

I love cars, I owned lots of different things. My family had lots of things over the years. Every brand back in the day made some good stuff and some trash. If you buy a low mile surviver thats a decade old you get to find out which is good and trash before hand. Buying new is a gamble, every time. Nowdays it probably doesn;t even matter what brand you buy, there are only one or two manufacturers on the planet for most components anymore. Everything is shared. A transmission might have an extra mounting hole in it for one brand and a different size output connection for another, but the guts are all the same and it was all made in one place.

Auto Transport Service
Back