• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howdy from the sunshine state

ed-shot500

Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
Howdy y'all I can't believe I found this fourm.
So a lil backstory bout me.

I actually just bought my first Mopar not my first car but like first daily driver/muscle car But instead of getting my feet wet mamma didn't raise no b*** I just jumped into th ocean.......at night......in the middle of a hurricane XD and bought this. my new to me 1973 Plymouth satellite. But I got an amazing deal on it (6k) and let's face it it's cool.

The car itself is numbers matching, running and driving. Rebuilt stockish motor and rebuilt 904 with working factory ac. I'm familiar with motors in general and have been turning wrenches since I was knee high to a grasshopper. But I don't have much experience with Mopars. I love the car and I came here to learn as much as I can, find some body panels, meet some cool people, and figure out how to mount som front speakers on my kick panels lol. Screenshot_20230623-203517.png

Screenshot_20230623-203528.png

I'm ruminating on the same kick panel speaker project.

The E brake pedal travel is extremely close on the driver's side, severely limiting the depth useable for mounting and thus also limiting the size and style of speaker.

Right now, my plan is to bolt a plate to the framing in order to utilize what mounting depth is available below the panel, and then use a shower drain as a guide to drill holes in the panel, so I don't have to use speaker grills that sit above the panel.

So far, the largest speaker I've tried the clears everything is a Pioneer 5 1/4, but the frequency response of that is not really up to what I'm looking for.

Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors.

IMG_3554.jpeg

6K! You didn't buy it, you stole it. :thumbsup: Welcome aboard and congrats on acquiring your first Mopar!!

Welcome from New Zealand.

Nice Plymouth. Is it a 318 engine? What car is the hood and go wing off?

Welcome aboard from the Pacific Northwest. 3rd gens rock and you are in the right place to help getting your car to whatever level you want. This site lives for pictures and there are tons of great people here with valuable information and firsthand knowledge of everything on these cars.

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome nice 73. I'm going to remove my kick panels with speakers soon. Not sure if 71 and 73 kick panels are the same. After I get my new kick panels I can ship them to you
20230703_180137.jpg
20230703_180144.jpg
20230703_180206.jpg

Hmmm, did you bend that brake pedal out of the way?

Mine is literally right up against the panel.

They were installed when I got the car. Since its got a cassette tape deck in it I figure it was installed in the 80's. I'll have to take a closer look when I replace the kick panels. The E- brake works properly though.

They were installed when I got the car. Since its got a cassette tape deck in it I figure it was installed in the 80's. I'll have to take a closer look when I replace the kick panels. The E- brake works properly though.
I'm curious as well honestly. I was sitting there yesterday staring at a bunch of pictures I took of the interior on my PC for like 3 hours trying to wrack my brain on how to mount them, even to go as far as mounting some 6.5s in the door but then I couldn't figure a way to not make it look horrible. As far as if it will fit goes I think? They're identical the 71,72,73,74s as the only difference and I could be very wrong as again my experience with a car this old is next to nothing. (When something goes wrong I'm used to busting out my laptop and OBD2 scanner XD) anyway but I believe the only difference is the front clip.

I'll be glad to take them off your hands from you just pm me what you're looking for $$ wise.

Welcome from New Zealand.

Nice Plymouth. Is it a 318 engine? What car is the hood and go wing off?
From my understanding a 72 RR, it has the RR interior too save for the dash and seats (dude swapped in fronts and rears from a 2015 challenger) I have stock seats not for it they just need a recover. . But the guy I bought the car from has the complete RR dash to go on it just got to get the $$ together for it

I'm curious as well honestly. I was sitting there yesterday staring at a bunch of pictures I took of the interior on my PC for like 3 hours trying to wrack my brain on how to mount them, even to go as far as mounting some 6.5s in the door but then I couldn't figure a way to not make it look horrible. As far as if it will fit goes I think? They're identical the 71,72,73,74s as the only difference and I could be very wrong as again my experience with a car this old is next to nothing. (When something goes wrong I'm used to busting out my laptop and OBD2 scanner XD) anyway but I believe the only difference is the front clip.

I'll be glad to take them off your hands from you just pm me what you're looking for $$ wise.

I'm going to remove the pioneer cassette deck, replace the dash bezel, and install a original looking radio with blue tooth from classic car stereos. Install new front and rear speakers. And a new pair of kick panels without speakers. It Will be a couple weeks before I start. But will PM you once I remove the kick panels.

I'm going to remove the pioneer cassette deck, replace the dash bezel, and install a original looking radio with blue tooth from classic car stereos. Install new front and rear speakers. And a new pair of kick panels without speakers. It Will be a couple weeks before I start. But will PM you once I remove the kick panels.
So actually I maybe able to help you on that front. I have a new old style radio in my car now I'm be pulling out to replace with my Kenwood excelon double din, I know it will look wonky but I simply CANNOT live with out my android auto lol. Idk if it has Bluetooth or not but I can get you some pics later on tonight once it cools tf off out here. Lol since you're hooking me up if it's what your looking for I'll hook you up with a good deal on it

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back