• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HP MANIFOLD DIFFERENCE

Skatpak

Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
I have searched for a definitive answer and think I have it but am not 100% sold. here's the question, if let's say I have a set of 69 Hp exh manifolds and a set of 66-67 hp manifolds and set them side by side, what difference if any will I find? I do not have either at this point so please don't say " go the garage and look" lol, TTi website lists casting numbers but googling and researching them does not help. I have also been to "MY MOPAR" site and done a bunch of searching as well as looked at the 67,68,69 Mopar parts manuals to get part numbers, but need a factual answer to this. Can anyone help me?

67 to 69 HP passenger side manifolds are the same. 67 drivers side has a different flange angle, and a difference in the number of sleeve nuts than 68 -69. Performance is the same.

They are not the same. They are very different parts.

if I understand correctly. than here's the scenario, if I want to have factory correct exhaust built for one of my 66 chargers that I have a 440 in and I use 69 hp manifolds on it than the front H pipe needs to be built for a 69 B body with hp manifolds becsause the dr side has a different flange angle than earlier years. if I use say 67-68 hp manifolds than I could have exhaust built for a 67 charger (first year with a 440) as it should bolt right up. is this correct?

I put HP manifolds on my 64 Fury. Used exhaust system from TTI. All they need is the casting number from both manifolds, and they will make the pipes to fit. I had NO problem with my installation. The main difference, as noted before, is the position of the flanges. Different years have the bolts "clocked" in different directions.

If you're having an exhaust H-pipe "made", then I would purchase whichever manifold you want, and "then" have H-pipe built w manifold on the car. No guessing. There also may be a "reason" for the different flange angle.

With 67 HP manifolds you can have the H pipe built for a 67 Charger and be 100% assured of a correct fit. On 68-69 manifolds I'm not sure it would be an exact fit, but highly likely with the correct H pipe.

There is no HP manifold for 1966.
The left side 1967 manifold is unique.
The left 1968-69 is the same casting number.

the right side for 1967-1969 is the same cast number.

yes tell them the casting numbers of the manifolds, the floor and firewall is all the same 1966-1970. So the pipes will fit the body, just need them to fit the manifold flange.

Thank you all for the info, My manifolds showed up yesterday and Im super happy with them, they are 69 manifolds and im putting them on my 66, yes 66 Charger with a 440. Ill just have the H pipe built to the 69 flange orientation and it should boil right up.

My 67 has a complete 68 440 in it so when I purchased a TTI system for it I told them about the 68 engine and they provided the correct left exhaust pipe to fit the manifold. I suspect Accurate would do the same but don’t know that for fact.

I wasn't talking about the turn downs. The general shape of the 66-67 is different from the 68-70. The turn down at the end of the pipe was a Dodge Plymouth thing.

I wasn't talking about the turn downs. The general shape of the 66-67 is different from the 68-70. The turn down at the end of the pipe was a Dodge Plymouth thing.
Oh ok yes I knew that. Thank you though.

Auto Transport Service
Back