• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Ian interview with Owner of damaged Superbird and Daytona

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
I posted a picture of the Superbird and Daytona that were thrown out of the garage on Bonita Beach Rd in Bonita Springs Florida two weeks ago by Hurricane Ian. I live in Naples but have close ties to Bonita Beach property. When I posted the photo all of the naysayers said it was "photoshopped" because of the shadows of the sun on the cars. Well attached is a video of an interview with the Owner and the cars sitting in the same position as my photo. Watch the video.

Video: Hurricane Ian Rips Rare Mopar Wing Cars Right Out Of The Garage - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

I don't know what button I hit but all of the information below was inserted. I have tried to delete but it keeps coming back. Sorry.

Write your reply...
Add Photos

Similar threads​

[ATTACH=full]1359404[/ATTACH]
Here is how we deal with and what we go through in the aftermath of a Major Hurricane in Florida. Day-1
Replies17Views819
Oct 10, 2022
69 Sleeper Bee
[ATTACH=full]1359405[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1359406[/ATTACH]
a happy ending,and a sighting of galen govier ! Hemi Daytona gets saved
2 3
Replies47Views5K
Dec 28, 2020
ct71rr
[ATTACH=full]1359407[/ATTACH]
A
AUTHOR NEEDS HELP WITH PHOTOS -- 1970 PLYMOUTH ROAD RUNNER 440-6 AND DODGE SUPER BEE 440-6
Replies17Views848
Apr 5, 2020
super-bee_ski
[ATTACH=full]1359408[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1359409[/ATTACH]
1970 Superbird restoration
Replies23Views2K
Mar 23, 2020
70RTCHARGER
[ATTACH=full]1359410[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1359411[/ATTACH]
SOLD 1968 Charger R/T
Replies10Views7K
May 25, 2016
verdelaw
[ATTACH=full]1359412[/ATTACH]
Share:
RedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink

Other Sites to Visit​

Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2022 XenForo Ltd. | Xenforo Add-ons © by ©XenTR Feedback System by XenCentral.com

To us that live here in Naples and SW Fl, Its all too real......Hope you made it through with little or no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had Worman restore his other Daytona Charger, so most likely these two will be going to him as well.

Wow! Those wings are a lot stronger than I thought! Looks like the quarters on the orange buckled and the wing is still holding up the back end.

Still turns my stomach to see that ****

mother nature is one cruel bitch

I hope the clean up is going well too
cars can be fixed usually

The really sad thing is how long will it take to get a couple of wreckers in there and get them to hopefully mitigate some of the salt water damage before they corrode away. Its going to be a bit of a trick to get the Super Bird upright without doing further damage.l

When I posted the photo all of the naysayers said it was "photoshopped" because of the shadows of the sun on the cars.
What you need to understand about the sceptics, is that all too often people have come here with fantastic stories, which turn out to be nothing more than fantasy.

I was one of those naysayers, and until I started seeing more photos, I wasn't convinced. I see it now.

The really sad thing is how long will it take to get a couple of wreckers in there and get them to hopefully mitigate some of the salt water damage before they corrode away. Its going to be a bit of a trick to get the Super Bird upright without doing further damage.l
Watching the way Nascar flips them back over with a wrecker is impressive.

Ever since the pictures first surfaced (on multiple sites) I couldn't help but wonder....why the **** did those uber-valuable cars get left out there? I mean...it's not like they weren't warning people of the impending storm well in advance...or was this guy one of those "I ain't evacuatin" types?
I have friends down there, and they were able to secure their nice cars after their families were accounted for.

Ever since the pictures first surfaced (on multiple sites) I couldn't help but wonder....why the **** did those uber-valuable cars get left out there? I mean...it's not like they weren't warning people of the impending storm well in advance...or was this guy one of those "I ain't evacuatin" types?
I have friends down there, and they were able to secure their nice cars after their families were accounted for.
I have lived in Naples Florida for 37 years and have been through 4 Hurricanes. My cars are secure but this guy had 4 cars, two of which he moved to higher ground before the storm hit. The 2 damaged in the storm , he put up on the lifts never thinking the water surge would blow thorugh his garage and be 10feet high. I used to own a restaurant called Docs Beach House which was down the street from this house, I sold it in 1991, and it was blown away by the water surge NOT THE WIND. It was a Hurricane that I will never see again and don't want to see again. We have billions of dollars of damage that will take many years to replace, if it can be replaced.

Docs before the storm.jpg

Docs Beach House after Hurricane Ian.jpg

I guess if you can't remove 'em...you need to strap 'em down!

Even if they don't get fixed up, they should bring some good money just from the history...but if the Corvette museum could restore all the ones they lost in the sinkhole, I'm sure these two will be rebuilt as well.

But I'd hate to be his insurance broker!

Conflicting info-

Were they put on 7 foot lifts to avoid the storm surge that was predicted to be up to 18 feet?

...or were they stuck on the lifts due to power being out?

Note- I am on early record as stating I thought the photos were NOT altered.

I would be walking around the neighborhood.looking for the rear window and window moldings that were popped out of the Daytona!

I have lived in Naples Florida for 37 years and have been through 4 Hurricanes. My cars are secure but this guy had 4 cars, two of which he moved to higher ground before the storm hit. The 2 damaged in the storm , he put up on the lifts never thinking the water surge would blow thorugh his garage and be 10feet high. I used to own a restaurant called Docs Beach House which was down the street from this house, I sold it in 1991, and it was blown away by the water surge NOT THE WIND. It was a Hurricane that I will never see again and don't want to see again. We have billions of dollars of damage that will take many years to replace, if it can be replaced.

View attachment 1360066

View attachment 1360067
Damn!

I would be walking around the neighborhood.looking for the rear window and window moldings that were popped out of the Daytona!
You would be walking a long time. LOL. Bit yes they are impossible to find.

That guy is a fool to leave them there. You live on the beach! Not like it’s the first time an event like this has ever happened. See 1991 Docs Beach house incident.

A sinkhole is horrible, but compared to saltwater damage it’s minor.

What really gets me... why did it take 3 weeks to put a glassless Daytona back in the garage? 2 guys could have pushed it back in if it didn't start. The Bird a bit harder to push..

What really gets me... why did it take 3 weeks to put a glassless Daytona back in the garage? 2 guys could have pushed it back in if it didn't start. The Bird a bit harder to push..
Doesn’t matter, the damage is done. Maybe a badge of honor for a multi millionaire? You and I will never have that scene at our house, right? For many reasons.

Auto Transport Service
Back