• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurst pro Matic shifter question

so it should be the yellow wire that i trace back ? or the brown one ? maybe it’s hanging under the car somewhere lol

I have to figure out a way to run the wire from the shifter to the neutral safety switch on the firewall
No, you don't.

Look at the appropriate wiring diagram here, and run yours the same, for your given car and year.... It EZ, really EZ.

Wiring – MyMopar

According to this, the brown wire is the one you are looking for, and your given trans should be the single pin neutral safety switch. (This assumes you still have that early trans).

Last edited:
so it should be the yellow wire that i trace back ? or the brown one ? maybe it’s hanging under the car somewhere lol
Just make a wire go from the brown wire terminal to the transmission.
DONE.

i just checked and i have a 3 pin on the transmission, use the center pin ?

No, you don't.

Look at the appropriate wiring diagram here, and run yours the same, for your given car and year.... It EZ, really EZ.

Wiring – MyMopar

According to this, the brown wire is the one you are looking for, and your given trans should be the single pin neutral safety switch. (This assumes you still have that early trans).

i just checked and i have a 3 pin on the transmission, use the center pin ?
Yes. The outboard pins are for the reverse light wiring.
That's another story.

i just checked and the brown wire is grounded to the frame along with another wire

i just checked and the brown wire is grounded to the frame along with another wire
Thats how someone was running it with no neutral safety.... you dont wanna go that route, for sure. And yes, center pin is the one you want.

Thx after the winter storm warning i will check everything out

Auto Transport Service
Back