• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Husband Becomes Jehovah's Witness To Get Out Of Putting Christmas Lights Up

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
Dec 7, 2023

Article Image

SHREVEPORT, LA — According to sources, local husband and father Ben Arnold converted to the Jehovah's Witness religion in a daring gambit to avoid putting up Christmas lights this season.

"Sorry, no can do," Arnold told his wife. "I'm a J-Dub now. We don't celebrate Christmas."

Margaret Arnold, for her part, was reportedly suspicious that her husband had converted solely to get out of the manual labor that comes with hanging Christmas lights. She allegedly quizzed her husband about the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses to make sure he was being genuine. Unfortunately, she had to check all his answers against Wikipedia, and she couldn't be sure he hadn't studied up on them by the same means.

"What is something only a Jehovah's Witness would know?" she asked aloud before delivering a crippling blow. "Ah ha! Explain the 1914 prophesy to me."

Arnold later admits he briefly panicked because no one alive even understands the 1914 prophecy. But he was able to save himself by thinking quickly: "I didn't say I was a good Jehovah's Witness. I'm just a baby convert, honey. I'll learn all that stuff some day."

His wife, frustrated, left him alone in his heresy. Witnesses report the man reclined back in his chair, satisfied he would never have to hang up Christmas decorations again.
At publishing time, Arnold's gambit had backfired as his wife cleverly decided to convert so as not to have to celebrate his birthday this year.

Hmmmm....not a bad idea. :rofl:

I actually know some very nice people who are J-Dubs. I don't get any BS from them. In fact you wouldn't know they were J-Dubs unless told.

I would think Christmas lights are far less hassle than door to door rejection

I was under my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 replacing a muffler when these two pretty Jehovah's witness ladies came over to the side of my truck to give me some preachin. From my view I could see right up their skirts so I let them preach to me for over an hour!

I was under my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 replacing a muffler when these two pretty Jehovah's witness ladies came over to the side of my truck to give me some preachin. From my view I could see right up their skirts so I let them preach to me for over an hour!
... and you thought your truck was going to protect you from the lightning strike from above ???

When my boss wanted me to work on weekends I would say "I'm a chicken-eating Baptist and a 7th Day Adventist so I'm forbidden to work on Saturday or Sunday".

Auto Transport Service
Back