• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyraulic vs. hyd. roller cam in a street car?

Yea I was just being a smartass! Haha you should see what people look at me like when I tell them my rocker arms were $925 :D

Price of a solid roller, springs, retainers, locks, tappets, pushrods, and rockers can easily top $3500 for good stuff like T&D, Pac, Trend. Another $1200 for a Jessel belt drive. If building race motors was cheap and easy, anyone could do it. All depends on how fast you want to go.
Doug

Anyone here have any experience with Hughes Engine Hydraulic roller cams? They make many off the shelf grinds for Mopars. I am seriously considering a roller cam because I thought the fact a roller can open the valve much quicker and keep it wide open longer and close quickly compared to a flat tappet of the same duration it would help it breath better. Since I would never run it over 5500 rpms [if that] that reliability wouldn't be a problem with a roller? Curious about all this because I have a 440 block being checked out now for a stroker build for my 69 Fury III.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back