• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought a Challenger!

Thanks! Because the car has the T/A style hood,my plan is to black out the hood,add hoodpins,a set of Year one rallye wheels,a Hurst pistol grip shifter,and a T/A stripe kit. I might even do electric exhaust cutouts,with chrome megaphone exhaust tips coming out infront of the wheels.
I like the cut outs idea- and, slightly exaggerate (larger diameter) the megaphone idea for scale on the tips. Way cool!

Congrats. If it's any solace, our '12 Charger R/T just clicked over 100k miles and other than the usual battery replacement,
it's required zero repair beyond routine maintenance.

My wife's 09 still has the original battery,it sat for a month,and I started it up on a cold morning,and it fired right up! The red one just had the battery replaced. They have the best batteries I have ever seen! I wonder if the last longer because they are in the trunk!

My wife's 09 still has the original battery,it sat for a month,and I started it up on a cold morning,and it fired right up! The red one just had the battery replaced. They have the best batteries I have ever seen! I wonder if the last longer because they are in the trunk!
Has to be. My wife's Jeep GC had 10 years on the battery, probably could have coax it for a while longer, but I did not want to get that call after she was off the phone with AAA. They never lasted that long out under the hood.

Only issue I’ve had with the wife’s car is having to put tires on it every 27,000 miles.
034363D1-FB76-46F0-9B1F-77D6DB9AF121.jpeg

I've never driven one! my buddy who winters fripp island bought one brand new down there about 3 yrs ago with 6sp. He beats up his stuff and i couldn't wait for him to bring it home so I could flog on it! He had it about 1.5 years and sold it said it was too expensive for a canadian to keep a us reg. vehicle down there with ins. and some tax he had to pay for couple months use! sold it off before ever bringing it here for a summer!
He's got a nice GT mustand to play with down there now but it's reg. here!

I haven't had to do anything to the 09 Challenger R/T classic my wife bought new. Routine oil changes and I replaced the tires not because they were worn out, but because they were cracking and dry rotted. They really are great cars. I wanted to buy a Hellcat, but with retirement looming over my head,I think I bought the best Challenger I could buy without taking out a loan. My friend has a 2010 Challenger and with long tube headers, a cam swap,cold air intake, and a tune it runs 12.80 on street tires.

I would be curious about that also- not to poke my nose in your business. I am considering a 2010 Fuschia , oyster, fully loaded, sunroof, 6 speed with 3000 miles on it. They want $35, 000.00 for it. Than, do I not drive itand keep it as a paper weight? Or, just enjoy it when I can, as I have plenty to drive. The car is brand spanking new basically. Collector/ investor vs enthusiast is the dilemma. And, as fortunate as I am, I am not getting any younger.

The correct name of the color is Fugly Fuschia.

I used to have an '05 Magnum R/T. The only problems I had with it, it went through a couple of sets of front strut bushings, and the front end would get a "clunk" in it. Maybe they had this figured out better for the Challenger's.

Better keep them low mileage lol. The wife’s 2010 classic Bought new had rocker arm failure at 45k miles and then another at 83k miles and then 10k miles later she blew a rod through the the oil pan. After the 100k mile warranty was up we traded it for a 2015 Jeep GC with the 3.6. It has 180,000 miles on it and we had to replace the oil filter housing on it and that’s it so far.

I enjoy my base 2016 SXT w/ 3.6. She's reliable, good gas mileage, fun, and has a pep in her step.

Better keep them low mileage lol. The wife’s 2010 classic Bought new had rocker arm failure at 45k miles and then another at 83k miles and then 10k miles later she blew a rod through the the oil pan. After the 100k mile warranty was up we traded it for a 2015 Jeep GC with the 3.6. It has 180,000 miles on it and we had to replace the oil filter housing on it and that’s it so far.
My wife's Challenger has the lifetime drivetrain warranty so I haven't done any mods to it, other than a Mopar cold air kit,and a Flowmaster cat back exhaust system.

Don’t run a 20 weight in the 5.7’s. Too thin. 0-30 and never a tick or failure. MDS or not.
Sold the 09 with the original battery in it. Still starts. Northeast USA.

Only issue I’ve had with the wife’s car is having to put tires on it every 27,000 miles. View attachment 1411401
Count that as a blessing! I sure did if my X could get that many miles out of a set of tires......20k was more like it. One time I was a bit late in tire rotation and the rears were 40% gone vs the fronts at 7k with a 2000 5.2 Durango. It did have a 3.90 gear w/limited slip diff.

Who had the heavy foot.....you or your wife....or both? lol

Count that as a blessing! I sure did if my X could get that many miles out of a set of tires......20k was more like it. One time I was a bit late in tire rotation and the rears were 40% gone vs the fronts at 7k with a 2000 5.2 Durango. It did have a 3.90 gear w/limited slip diff.

I bet I didn’t put 1k miles on that car lol. All documented every 3k mile oil changes at the Dodge dealership since new. Probably changed the oil too much lol

Both, lol the rear always wore out before the front for some reason.

I used to have an '05 Magnum R/T. The only problems I had with it, it went through a couple of sets of front strut bushings, and the front end would get a "clunk" in it. Maybe they had this figured out better for the Challenger's.
I still have an 05 R/T/AWD magnum. got a new set of heads and pistons waiting for me to get off my ***!

I was trying to buy this 2017 392 six speed Challenger T/A with 28k miles on it, but the dealer refused to negotiate with me on it. It was twice the cost of the 2010,and I would have had to take out a loan to buy it. Then I saw the red one that I could buy without taking out a loan.

20230124_163301.jpg

20230124_163251.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back