• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I can lift the blower off by MYself now!!

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Before,I needed 3 or 4 friends to come over when I needed to pull the blower.Now I can do it myself with the press of a remote control.
Big thanks to my buddie Ken for suppying & installing the "I" beam.Harbor freight had a sale on a 2500lb winch,haddta buy it,,,,,,,,no brainer!! You can figure out the rest.

Now I want to find a stud kit to remount the blower with SUPERPERFORMANCE gaskets.
Also want to "o-ring" the top of the intake to eliminate that $14 gasket:toothy6:

Attachments

• 1.15-15 022.jpg
    1.15-15 022.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 895
  • 1.15-15 023.jpg
    1.15-15 023.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 904
  • 1.15-15 026.jpg
    1.15-15 026.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 798
  • 1.15-15 028.jpg
    1.15-15 028.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 888
  • 1.15-15 035.jpg
    1.15-15 035.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 875
  • 1.15-15 049.jpg
    1.15-15 049.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 634
  • 1.15-15 043.jpg
    1.15-15 043.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 697
  • 1.15-15 041.jpg
    1.15-15 041.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 752
  • 1.15-15 038.jpg
    1.15-15 038.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 727
Creativity and ingenuity . . . Great job . . . Neat looking "tool" to boot . . . Thanks for sharing your great idea !

Wow....for a minute there I thought this had something to do with hookers and whores....whew! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Cranky,when I asked the wifey to "blow" me,she bought the BDS blower!

I'll leave it at that,,,,,,,,,,LMOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of when I redid my exhaust system,,,,,,,,,4 inches and a pair of hookers!

Attachments

• 9.28.14 018.jpg
    9.28.14 018.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 384
Do you have stops on that I beam to prevent a big dent on the roof?

Looks like it service it's purpose but there are a few things to consider when doing something like this.
1. Harbor Freight winches of this size are not designed to lift vertical loads.
2. There are no support columns under the I-Beam to support the weight placed on it leaving only the ceiling or roof to support the load.
So please for your own safety and that of others when doing this just because the winch is capable of pulling 2500 lbs. your roof or ceiling and the winch may not be capable of supporting it.

That beats standing on the inner fenders, lifting it off, and balancing it on the core support. his I beam has load spread across several trusses. I use the harbor freight winch to pick up engines and put them in my loft, never an issue.
Doug

I love those HF winches. I bought one of the smaller ones with a coupon for $50 and mounted it on the back wall of my garage. Now I can roll my car out of the garage and pull it back in with a remote control!!! The garage has a bit of a slope so this helps a lot, especially now that the motor is out of the car.

It's great being able to do these bigger jobs without the need for extra human input.

Walmart Has a nice Reese electric winch $ 89.00 Pulls the dart in the garage up a nice grade no problem

- - - Updated - - -

When you getting that monster in the 8's so you can hang with my little B1 Dart

Very cool Hemi-Itis

congrats on the new toy

- - - Updated - - -

I love those HF winches. I bought one of the smaller ones with a coupon for $50 and mounted it on the back wall of my garage. Now I can roll my car out of the garage and pull it back in with a remote control!!! The garage has a bit of a slope so this helps a lot, especially now that the motor is out of the car.

It's great being able to do these bigger jobs without the need for extra human input.

I have a steep driveway too and have though about that

Do you have stops on that I beam to prevent a big dent on the roof?

Looks like it service it's purpose but there are a few things to consider when doing something like this.
1. Harbor Freight winches of this size are not designed to lift vertical loads.
2. There are no support columns under the I-Beam to support the weight placed on it leaving only the ceiling or roof to support the load.
So please for your own safety and that of others when doing this just because the winch is capable of pulling 2500 lbs. your roof or ceiling and the winch may not be capable of supporting it.
Thanks for your thoughts,see DVW's reply!

That beats standing on the inner fenders, lifting it off, and balancing it on the core support. his I beam has load spread across several trusses. I use the harbor freight winch to pick up engines and put them in my loft, never an issue.
Doug
Right you are Doug,but I would NEVER lift my iron headed hemi with chinese winch!

That is wht I bought the winch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$50
I used to have 4 guys come over,we used 2 serp belts,one one on the end of each serp.What a calamity!!
With only 4 inches, why do you need the second hooker ?
Has something to do with the 4 inch rated "X" pipe,,,,,,LOL

Attachments

• 1.15-15 015.jpg
    1.15-15 015.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 288
  • 1.15-15 027.jpg
    1.15-15 027.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 283
  • 1.15-15 058.jpg
    1.15-15 058.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 281
Nice lift setup, I love it when a plan comes together. I use those harbor freight moving blankets for my car too, aren't they great for that? Also for kitty cat scratch prevention!

This is totally cool Dude !! I've been contemplating the same idea !!

The old man told us, "You can work harder, or smarter."

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back