• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I cut open my air compressor... Take a look!

Air compressor tanks blowing up are no Joke

I am ordering a new 100 gal tank thats inside has been treated & coated to prevent rust not cheap but I have a 50 cfm pump and run a 175 PSI

My 20 year old Ingersol Rand started having rust in the condensation last year so I sadly replaced it with a new one. I could have just replaced the tank but the motor and pump had 20 years of wear on them too I figured.

I watched a series of YouTube videos starting with this one:

Add an easy to use drain valve to drain condensation
Looking at the video Dad posted at the 3:40 mark looks like someone added a make shift drain. You'd think these companies would put some kinda of rust preventive coating on the inside of these things when they build them!

I'm so glad no one was injured!
Thank the good Lord for that.

Thanks for the warning as well.

Check if your homeowners insurance will cover anything?

Sorry. If you have a large compressor (60 gallon) obviously not on wheels...

I have a automatic air purge on mine but it still has a pinhole in it. Mine probably looks like the rest inside.

Mounted a cooler on my compressor few weeks ago, haven't used it much yet, but the temperature drop is well over a 100 degrees. My guess is I will need to mount a fan. Put it on rollers to move it out of the corner need be. Had problems when sand blasting with clogging. Planning some painting too so will see how this works..

Air Compressor 1 .jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back