• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Finally Did It.....EFI

Those look to be regular hose clamps if so you really should use the high pressure style.
I hope the hose is rated for fuel injection.
Those are not the worm clamps but the collared, solid clamps. And yes, efi rated hose.

Last edited:
I might have been the first to install a Sniper on a Mopar. Holley sent me one of the very first Sniper systems for a magazine article and I installed it on my '65 Coronet. The wiring was a big hack job since I was on a dead line. I talked to Holley marketing back then (3 years ago) and told them that they needed to provide an unterminated wiring kit so people could build their own Sniper harness. The guy told me "good idea, we'll put it on the list" and then nothing every came of it. The harness that comes with the Sniper can only be used in a few applications. Most of the time the owner will need to modify the harness and/or build a new one from scratch.

That's pretty neat to be the test mule. As far as the wiring, I like the position of the relay / fuse, there is plenty of battery + and - wires. Coil was about 3' short. The weather pack plugs are long out of the Sniper so no way to clean it up 100%. I zip tied the plugs together along the firewall.

I'm on the fence about where to put the handheld display. No great place to stick it in the interior where I can see it. Maybe a stand like what is used for cell phones.

So I spent a few hours playing with the throttle on the Sniper. I tried a few different mounts to get full throttle and full transmission arm movement. I was never a fan of the throttle/pedal setup. Realistically I would love to adopt a cam arm that the cable rides on to get a full, smooth pull.

Using the old bracket I did find a great spot for the throttle cable attachment, above and ahead of the pivot point. Gives me wot while maintaining mechanical advantage on the arm longer than the original setup.

Ready for a test drive!
20201215_152838.jpg
20201215_152854.jpg

One possible issue I did find is that the TPS only shows 93% at wot. I verified this with all connections removed. I'll look at the TPS and see if there is any way to adjust it.

TI'm on the fence about where to put the handheld display. No great place to stick it in the interior where I can see it. Maybe a stand like what is used for cell phones.

Do you have a console? That's where mine lives. Once you're driving you won't really look at it that much, at least I don't. I'll glance at it on cold start it to see if anything looks way out of range but otherwise I rely on my dash gauges. IMO, the handheld is somewhat limited in it's functionality, it's basically just a data recorder with real-time monitoring capability. If you're getting deep into tuning you're most likely going to be using a laptop with the Sniper software to make changes anyway.
IMG_1192.JPG

Closed percent is way more important than WOT...

I'll drive and see how it acts. With the key on, I can depress the pedal and get same 93% I get at the Holley. Definitely going wide open, and the handheld goes into red at 93%. At idle, tps is zero.

That's pretty neat to be the test mule. As far as the wiring, I like the position of the relay / fuse, there is plenty of battery + and - wires. Coil was about 3' short. The weather pack plugs are long out of the Sniper so no way to clean it up 100%. I zip tied the plugs together along the firewall.

I'm on the fence about where to put the handheld display. No great place to stick it in the interior where I can see it. Maybe a stand like what is used for cell phones.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B27WP6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlT1_-Dw2Fb5ZF4XC4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'll drive and see how it acts. With the key on, I can depress the pedal and get same 93% I get at the Holley. Definitely going wide open, and the handheld goes into red at 93%. At idle, tps is zero.

The Sniper TPS never reads 100%. Something in the 90's is as high as it gets. Make sure it reads zero when the throttle is closed and make sure the throttle blades open all the way and then you're done.

The Sniper TPS never reads 100%. Something in the 90's is as high as it gets. Make sure it reads zero when the throttle is closed and make sure the throttle blades open all the way and then you're done.
Done and done! First outing was perfect. Great throttle response, no dead spots. The throttle will take some getting use as it is touchy. Checked after the drive, no leaks and nothing loose.

I'm going to put more miles on it tomorrow. A weird effect from the efi is the smell of the exhaust. It is definately not as rich and gassy smelling.

I too noticed that the back of the car stays cleaner now. Oil too, and consumption is down. Cleaner overall. This is the fastest upgrade process ever. Congrats on your success.

Done and done! First outing was perfect. Great throttle response, no dead spots. The throttle will take some getting use as it is touchy. Checked after the drive, no leaks and nothing loose.

I'm going to put more miles on it tomorrow. A weird effect from the efi is the smell of the exhaust. It is definately not as rich and gassy smelling.
If you take data logs when you drive and then review them on your desktop computer you'll learn a lot about the system. If you have any issues you can post the data logs on here or on the Holley Sniper forum and people will review the logs and tell you what the problem with the tune is.

If you take data logs when you drive and then review them on your desktop computer you'll learn a lot about the system. If you have any issues you can post the data logs on here or on the Holley Sniper forum and people will review the logs and tell you what the problem with the tune is.

Ok....how do I review them on my desktop? :rolleyes:

Ok....how do I review them on my desktop? :rolleyes:

First you need to have the Sniper software installed. Then you have to create a log with the handheld in the car. Once you've completed a drive, pop the SD card out of the handheld and download the file onto your computer.

The Holley part I linked to opens the rear blades when the front blade opens 40%.

You should not use a PCV valve with EFI. Holley doesn't talk about it for some reason but a PCV valve failure can cause lots of issues with EFI including possible loss of control. I have a customer who had a very close call when his PCV failed open. The answer is to convert over to a fixed orifice PCV valve. You can buy fixed orifice PCV valves for Chevy engines but you have to make your own for a Mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back