• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found another 69 charger

Great minds and all that. I have a group of members I share a long Private Conversation with here.

I sent this to them last week.....I felt guilty afterwards, but now I feel vindicated.....

upload_2021-11-15_15-5-29.jpeg

I normally don't climb into people like this, but sorry BB70.....you brought this upon yourself.

Ain't no reverse gear available here. :poke:

train of thought...
if his wife has any clue at all,sheda known he hoards stuff and never finishes them.
ive seen thread after thread about project cars and they just sit there.
if he told her hed have the money back inna week,selling everything he has,then
a,she knew hes not gonna be able to produce,and
b what exactly did she think the Project car was gonna require??

if she went and looked at it with him,
then captain obvious saw how much work the entire car need,it was a moneypit project.
stripped bare,needs every nut n bolt in it,probably 20 grand worth of stuff just to get a whole charger sitting there.
And the body needs to be Blasted like Yesterday!!
yet she approved this...

so now why the rush on the money back,
when you only dropped 10k and got at Least another 10k to go before driving around in yer yard...?
or did it go more like this,
honey i stole that car from my buddy for 10k,and it needs a lotta work but itll be worth 50k or more when im done.
at which point she contemplated your other projects and asked you how much loot you could get for That charger Right now.

also,when you have to sell things to keep what you want,
thats when you let them go for Whatever the market brings you.
the whole overpricing thing probably isnt fooling your wife either...

im also wondering how your buddy feels after giving you the car only for you to flip it within 3 days.

,well I'm about done with you guys ! I've told you nothing but the truth and I'm still getting assumptions about me .
If was trying to scam people or flip the damn car do you really think I would of told everyone how much I payed for it ! What ******* good would that do me .
I could of lied said yeah I payed $20k or even 30 k then posted it as a loss at $25k

As I stated my wife knew what we were getting in to there was things in motion to get the money back in the acct in a few days I told her it would be back asap .
Everything fell threw people just disappeared. She started getting antsy . I told her I would list it and what ever sold first sells .
She agreed if I posted it for what I payed it would be gone already ! At $20k there still probably would be serious interest . I assumed at $25 k it's still low enough for my wife to believe it will sell but high enough it won't ! I just need to buy some time to sell my stuff here .

Some of you are like young school girls saying this and that about someone you don't even know

Some of you guys are pushing that I'm a scammer !
Yeah I buy and sell alot but there's nothing agents that usually I buy parts cars or project cars and part them out . I've sold tons on here with no issues hell I usually throw in extras that the person may need !
I've donated to many people on here when I could!
As stated I'm very much not rich yes some times I get into binds and need to sell something !
I could /should just stop buying/building cars but I want one!

Wanna know my life ! In highschool I worked two jobs to afford my charger s I bought lots of them to get parts I needed then sold the rest off.
Right outta highschool I got a career at ring power my cars sat around I got hurt I got better I left there to go to school For a degree come to find out I'm not good with computers !
I jumped around different shops finally found a good job as a truck mech .
Worked 80 hr a week and saved bought a house got married .... Had some cool cars 73 charger 79 trans am 47 Buick 68 charger
I got hurt at work (not my fault car accident)
I got dicked around on workers comp couldn't work they just pushed pills wouldn't fix me I was next in line to me shop manager !
Months went to years I had to sell cars one by one to make ends meet after savings was drained .
Guns too I lost everything .to keep my house .
I got a surgery that was not a success only thing I got from it was more functionality from my leg
My grandfather passed away left his house to me and my brother and sister to split I talked them into a renovation on it I went there every day in pain and painted the house my brother did floors my sister cleaned and did outside stuff we sold house and made alit more on it witch I put in the bank then I took my current house and listed it made good profit on it took both house sale money and bought a house out right !
Another back surgery I'm doing much better but need to be careful how much I do and move and then I tried working they told me no I have to leave company I was a liability . They gave me a go away check I bought my wife a car with it to get rid of car payment .
I looked at others same response I'm a liability .
All during this I'm in a court battle with the person who hit me !!!
Disability won't pay says I can go get a job anywhere they gave me list none would hire me ! I'm still fighting disability
In the mean time I started parting cars out it's slow work I can stop any time ! I make money doing it . Buy a few cars to fix and sale get. Project here and there for myself
My last charger project was a bust full of mud guy lied about everything . Wasn't worth saving I dumped it and sold off the parts
This is my life I've gotten in a better place I took care of a vet for awhile he left me his house
I rented it out renters didn't pay .... Got new ones they didn't pay trashed it I said f it I sold house .
Got money in bank finally things working out.
I had a 73 charger I found for sale I was going to get lost it to someone else who raised the bid to get first dibs .
Figured I'd never get a charger again as prices on all are insane then this falls in my lap I did what I had to to get it guy gave me a week before it was listed .
And rest is typed above!

So anyone thinking I'm here for a quick buck can shove it .
I do what's best for my family firstly .
I don't want this car to go I want everything else to go . But I won't give my **** away
Someone said my stuff is priced to high ?
How can you value out a one of a kind Cadillac you got know idea what I got in it .
Or my deuce and a half uh last I checked it's the cheapest one aval right now anywhere that runs and drives !

The other cars I have listed are a partnership not fully mine my brother in-law has been buying cars for me to fix and sale and we split profit his money my time and experience !

And I'm not selling my guns especially now!

You guys say what you want but I know who I am and what I do for people .

You might actually be honest but your methods of business and explaining yourself are terrible. You have a history here of getting all excited about something then immediately changing your mind to do something different. That is not the behavior of a rational person. Members here have encouraged and supported you but at this point, it seems like we have enabled you. Two young kids, the inability to work yet you’re spending tomorrow’s money on today’s dream.

I wish and hope you can keep the car, do the best of your possibilities, is the dream car for a lot of people and me most famous in all the Chrysler history, keep the car please.

disclaimer;
Please don't take what I'm about to say to heart or personally
It's not an insult or picking on you
I'd say it to my best friend too

'One man's treasure is another man's junk
or project they want to unload or bail on
caveat emptor'

I'd highly suggest you sell some **** 1st
thin down the herd, come up with the cash 1st
get about $40k to start, $20k for the car (I'd try & get it cheaper)
or find a more complete car, save a lil' longer
have a head start on the project

I'd do a detailed inventory of what real usable parts
he "actually has for it"
all the lil' **** & big **** even hardware, for a gen 2 Charger
will nickel & dime or on a gen 2 Charger will $1000+bill you to death
**** ain't cheap

depending on how good or how good of quailty
or much of a "full restoration" of a build you plan to do
quality cost $$$

Is this just another flipper plan ?

How much of it can you actually physically do yourself ?
you admit that your injured, on disability 'with a bad back'
& you're able to be working on cars ?
something sounds wrong there

anyway; back to the expense
for just a shell/hull/roller,
new AMD sheet-metal or not $20k may not be a bad deal
BUT;
there's another at a min. $40k+ of parts to restore it still
if you do most the work
needs paint 'huge hit', interior seat frames door panels shifter & console etc.,
a grill (huge hit), trim, mirrors, windows & regulators, lights, carpets
drivetrain = engine, trans (I assume you have something),
rear, driveshaft, F&R suspension, brakes, shocks, bearings,
fuel system/tank, hardlines, plumbing, rubber, seals, bumpers,
MC (& booster), column/steering, misc. chrome bits, pulleys, brackets
a good heater-core (A/C ?), paint supplies
many 68-70 (or other years) parts will interchange,
some are Charger specific too

Hell shipping costs alone will be in the thousands of $$$'s,
rattle can **** & penetrating oils, can add up even
Maybe unless you drive to get them or can source it all locally
even then fuel costs are thru the roof today
yadda yadda yadda :blah:

can you swing that hit ? ($$$$)

you may be able to get some storming deals,
go to swap meets, get some from buddies or wrecking yards
that's 'if you can even find em'
FBBO Marketplace, that **** ain't cheap here either
'on restorable parts'
people know what they are worth & want top $$

or maybe trade for some of it ?

or Gery-rig stuff to get it driveable ?
but money spent twice is a huge mistake, kills many a project/budgets

"but the OE parts/even the re-pops, for them gen 2 Chargers are expensive"
or spend a lot of time restoring old rusty (or worn out) parts
= time, back-breaking labor & expensive supplies

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, or totally piss in your Cheerios
but that's reality, need to take a long hard look
Priorities 1st
I'd be hard-pressed in doing it right now
& I'm an empty nester, own all my **** outright & I have the funds
I don't have a wife controlling what I can or can't spend
& a growing young family
I'm not sure I'd take on something that involved 'right now'
under our current state of affairs (leadership) inflation or supply chain issues

Good luck, whatever you decide
View attachment 1189469
Like Dirty Harry Callahan says : " man's got to know his limitations"

Great minds and all that. I have a group of members I share a long Private Conversation with here.

I sent this to them last week.....I felt guilty afterwards, but now I feel vindicated.....

View attachment 1193810

I normally don't climb into people like this, but sorry BB70.....you brought this upon yourself.

Ain't no reverse gear available here. :poke:
For posterity:

VIN: XP29G9G254378

IMG_20220726_131918444.jpg

Thread '1969 charger project' FOR SALE - 1969 charger project

I think the BB70 is a nice guy but he really makes some poor decisions.
His spelling and grammar annoy the heck out of me but I try to overlook that since he seemed to be an affable dude.
I advised him against buying this car but he HAD to have it....
Kiwi called it and only missed his prediction by 6 weeks or so!

Auto Transport Service
Back