• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found another 69 charger

Bb70charger500

Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I know I've been M.i.a. awhile dealing with a lot right now . I ran across a 1969 charger but the price is to steep for my wallet right now I'm trying everything to raise the money guy wants $20000 for it
So what I know it's a 1969 with vin and title
Fender tag and build sheet gone
Cars a factory 383 auto car .
It's got basically all metal replaced with new amd metal roof is org and one fender .
He showed me a list of metal he bought and had installed witch was $15k alone !
No motor no trans only interior is a dash (2 of them ) one ac one non.
I know you guys are picture guys I will attempt to get some asap it's been in a garage for 6 years since metal work .

So I want this car but unless I really shake my *** I don't know if I can get the money together .
So I am making this post for two reasons .
I want to know if a non rt project car with all new metal no drive line .... Is worth 20k just seems like alot you all know I don't follow this generation very closely as I like my 71-74

And second if I fail at raising the money I wanted to see if anyone here was interested car like this needs to be finished

What do you guys think

Let me get this straight. He be asking $20k for a 69 Charge, with $15k in AMD clothing INSTALLED? Is that what you're saying??

Yes but it's missing drive line and intioror !

Life Is All About Choices......................

OR

Belly Buttons.................. Some R Inneyzzzzzzzz & Some R Outeyezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm Glad I "Stretched" & Got What I Got When I Got It..............Nothing Pre Planned Just Basically Took Advantage Of An Opportunity
That Presented Itself................Only Respond To Stuff Like That IF It Does Not Impact You Or Your Family In A Negative Way....

Keep On Keeping On & MoPar2Ya!!
John

So he wasn't really selling it it's not advertised he was at my house buying a motor and trans then was looking at my Corvette race car project (bought it)we got to talking he was checking out my deuce and a half he saw all my Mopar stuff said he had a Mopar I of course said what ......
Then he said maybe we can do a bit of trading for my deuce and a half and cash for his charger
I of course said yeah and that's about where we are at he showed me a list of what all was done . My next step is to drive down and put eyes on it he said a professional shop did the work .
Sounds like he's more of a Ford and Chevy guy .
My deuce is about $8000 so I still got to pony up $12k more to get it .

Dump the vette. They're a dime a dozen, can't swing a dead cat at a car show without hitting one. It's great if you like plastic pregnant roller skate penis on wheels.

Dump the vette. They're a dime a dozen, can't swing a dead cat at a car show without hitting one. It's great if you like plastic pregnant roller skate penis on wheels.

He bought the Vette before we got to deal making

Biggest thing to me is if the metal work was done properly. You see for sale ads every once in awhile stating "has new quarters, but they need to be removed and properly reinstalled". Were things blasted/primered/painted before new metal was welded on? No drivetrain wouldn't bother me a bit. Is the rest of the car complete, and in what condition?
He wants 20K. You value your duece at 8K and you have the cash from him for your Vette. So you wouldn't have to come up with 12K?

It was a Corvette project it was only $1500 car .
We still are very far .
Don't get me wrong I got the money but it's on the non car side wife says if I want it I need to liquidate car stuff to get money .
I can't touch the reg acct .

If all metal work was done correctly is it worth the $20k

Just seems high for a project car

If the metal work is quality, then that car is worth 20k all day long

I'm just scared dumping that much on a shell of a car . I'm used to buying $1500 project cars and ending with $15-17k in them not starting at $20k and ending God knows where .

Just trying to cover my butt if I do manage to buy it want to make sure I can get my money back if something happens
I got a 3 year old and 7 month old
And with way things are going just scared a little to lay that money out as I'm not exactly well off but I've been wanting one back for awhile I should of never sold my 70 or my 68 bit had to do what I needed to do for family .
Ideally I'd like to get my 38 caddy sold off to off set the money then all will be good I'm setting up a time to go see car pictures coming soon

I'm just scared dumping that much on a shell of a car . I'm used to buying $1500 project cars and ending with $15-17k in them not starting at $20k and ending God knows where .
Yeah, but now you are dealing with the crazy second gen Charger market. Like stated above, if the metalwork was done correctly, and it needs no more, someone else will surely pony up 20K for it. What kind of condition is the interior and exterior trim in?

You have two young kids to feed and several other project cars, right?
I wouldn’t have responded to give you unsolicited advice but Chargers are not cheap cars to build. Missing parts can be a pisser to find and they won’t be found at the self serve junkyards.
I have NO right to tell you how to live your life but if you want an opinion, skip this project if you have to go into debt to buy it. If you can sell off your other stuff and get it with that money, it makes much more sense.

If you’re worried about affording the project you definitely won’t be able to afford the restoration.
I’d say put that $20k aside and sell whatever you have that isn’t a charger. Buy yourself a decent 40 or 50k car in the future. Let some other sucker worry about the restoration.

Well it's not going into debt I have car money and family money Car money usually adds to family money if I sell something at profit I put profit to family acct and re invest org moneys
So right now most of my org moneys is tied up in my caddy and deuce and a half
I have floating money but that's to buy cars to fix and sell can't tie that up in a personal project or I can't make money .
It's complected I still can't work with my back issues so I do odd jobs and fix cars on the side .
It's been working this far
I just need to sell some stuff if I get close I can make it happen just want to be smart with my money. If caddy goes then there's no issues I got $15k in it $6000 just in its motor trans setup and the drive line is very popular it will sell quick it I listed it alone

If I pass is there anyone here looking for one ?

Take a serious inventory of that Charger, what it takes to finish. Still all body smoothing and prime, block ,seal, topcoats??
Still need drive train built? Front end built? Interior? Exhaust and tires? Some glass? Grill ? All the mis. stuff that adds up$?? Can you do work? Any of us an add up the price of these parts. I would only guess at labor, as I have to do al my own work anyway.

In a very related topic anyone wanna buy a project car?
38 caddy $15000 or
15 model T $7500

Auto Transport Service
Back