• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found another 69 charger

I am the problem I have the money I just keep car money and "life" money apart so I don't f myself !

Yes my kids are the most important thing
I want a charger bad I had to sell a few to stay afloat back when I got hurt and the prices are going up alot I'm afraid if I don't grab one soon I'll never get one !
Yeah my back is bad but if I am smart and only do little at a time I can handle it "it's not a race"
I have a few personal projects and a bunch of fix cars to sell !

As for bills I payed my house and cars of years ago when I was work 80 hours a week it was very easy .
So I just have my own rule about the money so I don't get into trouble with family .
Honestly I want to build something that will have good value be cool that my girls will ride in to shows and one day inherent and enjoy long past me being around !
My 3 year old has a thing for pink cudas but that's on her I deff can't afford a pink cuda
So maybe a charger will make her happy

20 grand for an automatic car with no motor, no interior, no paint, no parts to finish= no deal. I would look for another car.

I don't lock one down now I won't ever get one!
Have you looked into the future? People will be selling their hobby cars by the dozen. This is peak market pricing as the roller coaster crests the top of the hill. My advice is wait. There will be plenty of wives forcing the sale of gen 2 Chargers as well as every other model.

Have you looked into the future? People will be selling their hobby cars by the dozen. This is peak market pricing as the roller coaster crests the top of the hill. My advice is wait. There will be plenty of wives forcing the sale of gen 2 Chargers as well as every other model.
Not saying you are wrong, BUT, the 2nd gen Charger has a different demand, so how long do you wait for the price to come down? will it EVER come down, OH CRAP now I am to old to build one should have bought one when I was younger , I bought the Charger I have now in 2011 & paid way more than I thought it was worth, NO WAY will the prices of these go up more was my thought, WELL, sure glad I got it when I did, the comparable JUNKER I paid 7k for now is in the 20k range , just my 2cents

With everything going up except wages, and who knows what will happen with Covid and mandates, my opinion is the classic car market is going to take a big hit.

toys are ALWAYS the first things to go
Not to mention parts prices and availability being a BIG issue. Cars On Line has a ton of new listings in their online newsletter lately. Lots of cars are being advertised for sale. Methinks this is a bellwether with lots of owners selling before buying stops. Kind of like musical chairs in the classic car world.

If the panels are done "right", 20K for a solid rolling shell big block car isn't terrible for a 2nd gen Charger.

383-2 or 383-4 and options/OEM paint color could weigh heavily on value to someone interested in those things or not at all to someone unconcerned.

Ebay link car needs LOTS of work (could be easy 10K worth of parts and labor) which may already be done on OP's target car.
Plus it's at 8K with time left to bid. Plus the ad says it's a 70 and then says it's a 69 and no title status is given. May be why there are no bids. Does say H code 383-4 car so must be 69 as 70 would be N code.

Ok boys I got the funds worked up I am going to go and buy it I'll get pictures asap
Hopefully it's everything he said it is .
With any luck maybe try to get it a few bucks cheaper !

Figured if I buy it I have it if it becomes a problem will be purity easy to get my money back it sounds like .
I'm just afraid there are going to continue to go up in value and I won't be able to buy one again .

I get the wait till you old guys kick the bucket and sweet talk your wives but I highly doubt your kids will give the cars up
I want to build it anyways I'm very picky on my builds .
If I can keep it great if not it's at least back on market so a Mopar guy can buy it .
Let's hope no issues arise .and it's a rust free 69 charger

I've located interior and a drive line already !
I'm super excited to see it !!
Wish me luck

Ok boys I got the funds worked up I am going to go and buy it I'll get pictures asap
Hopefully it's everything he said it is .
With any luck maybe try to get it a few bucks cheaper !

Figured if I buy it I have it if it becomes a problem will be purity easy to get my money back it sounds like .
I'm just afraid there are going to continue to go up in value and I won't be able to buy one again .

I get the wait till you old guys kick the bucket and sweet talk your wives but I highly doubt your kids will give the cars up
I want to build it anyways I'm very picky on my builds .
If I can keep it great if not it's at least back on market so a Mopar guy can buy it .
Let's hope no issues arise .and it's a rust free 69 charger

I've located interior and a drive line already !
I'm super excited to see it !!
Wish me luck

I’m kinda excited to see it as well.
Good luck!

No pre-purchase inspection pictures!
:mob::mob::mob:

The peanut gallery is sorely disappointed.
:xscuseless:

No I get to see it before I hand over the money that's it . I can walk away but as Long as the metal work is good I want it .
I'll get you guys pictures asap guys

It was a Corvette project it was only $1500 car .
We still are very far .
Don't get me wrong I got the money but it's on the non car side wife says if I want it I need to liquidate car stuff to get money .
I can't touch the reg acct .

If all metal work was done correctly is it worth the $20k

Just seems high for a project car
i follow the marketplace on fb pretty closely...chargers are absolutely ridiculous right now...
im seeing piles of udder crapola with 20k asking prices,going for 15k and so forth..
literally had a running battle on a topic for a completely twisted shell,not 1 single good part on it,and the guy was mocking us,wanting 17k.
last time i saw it,it was down to under 10k,but there wasnt even 2k worth of charger.
the old adage,theres a sucker born ever minute has Never been truer than with these cars.

the main thing you Want to avoid,is being upside down the second you buy it...
at 20k,for a Fixed?? body,that sounds like a Fair deal..not a great one but the metalwork Alone would cost you an arm and a leg for the parts And getting them installed.
what id want to see,is a nice grille and tailights and bumpers,being included for 20k.
motor trans and all that mia,not a huge deal....you can build or buy whatever you like.
the Interior tho,will get spensive..just the seats could be a couple of grand.
keep in mind that at 20k,even if you piece it together for 10k or less,paint is gonna be close to another 10k.
so you could easily be into the car for 40k....by the time its done.
but it would be a completely redone car,and worth ??
i just saw a Driver Quality lime green 70 posted for 54k,for comparison.
think that one was a 383 car too.

an impossible task with any of these cars.......even if you get one for free
i had one offered to me for 4k,just a roller shell,but a 69 bb car...No Rot At All.
nothing but a shell with wheels and tires.
it was one of the hardest things ive ever done,walking away from that car,Knowing im too poor to restore it.
Heartbreaking.
guy ended up trading it off to a company for brand new tires for his tractor trailer rig.
i still hope to find a complete one in the weeds someday,fingers crossed.

i follow the marketplace on fb pretty closely...chargers are absolutely ridiculous right now...
im seeing piles of udder crapola with 20k asking prices,going for 15k and so forth..
literally had a running battle on a topic for a completely twisted shell,not 1 single good part on it,and the guy was mocking us,wanting 17k.
last time i saw it,it was down to under 10k,but there wasnt even 2k worth of charger.
the old adage,theres a sucker born ever minute has Never been truer than with these cars.

the main thing you Want to avoid,is being upside down the second you buy it...
at 20k,for a Fixed?? body,that sounds like a Fair deal..not a great one but the metalwork Alone would cost you an arm and a leg for the parts And getting them installed.
what id want to see,is a nice grille and tailights and bumpers,being included for 20k.
motor trans and all that mia,not a huge deal....you can build or buy whatever you like.
the Interior tho,will get spensive..just the seats could be a couple of grand.
keep in mind that at 20k,even if you piece it together for 10k or less,paint is gonna be close to another 10k.
so you could easily be into the car for 40k....by the time its done.
but it would be a completely redone car,and worth ??
i just saw a Driver Quality lime green 70 posted for 54k,for comparison.
think that one was a 383 car too.

Welcome back! Good to see you again!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back