• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I give up. I'm done.

I don't even know where to start with this, a proper response would take pages. Normally I would give a little info on the delta T principle and some diagnosis suggestions, but I don't think that will get us anywhere.

I really like how someone, trying to help you, asked for pictures and you told them to go find one of your other threads. Not even a link. lol

You know what else is retarded about you? It is funny you try and sound like some genius talking about the delta T principle. Like it is really that complicated to run a couple tests on the battery and starter.

running hot?

Good advice , DEFINE THE PROBLEM before you start applyin band aids.

However, I have a 440 bored 40 over with 13:1 dome pistons, runs cool with the stock 3 FLUME radiator and hi torque starter spins it great.

Good luck.

lyndon

We give up. We're done.

Speak for yourself Pabs and your two buddies. Anyway, I just wanted to thank Splicer because I didn't even realize that there were aftermarket starters available.

He posted this in another thread:

"For what it's worth, I'm running a Powermaster mini starter, TTI Headers and battery in the trunk.....no heat shielding...

The problem here is too much heat...right ?

If you are not running vacuum advance, your engine will run much hotter at idle and overheat starter......

Look up "Timing and Vacuum Advance" by John Hinckley...it will explain... "

Also, I reported both Jim's Maxie and Monteclair to Joey for making completely unprovoked attacks and basically being site bullies, and gave him a link to this thread. I hope that Joey cleans this site up because these types of comments are completely unwarranted. I also mentioned that I would defend myself should anyone wish to verbally attack my thread.

Good advice , DEFINE THE PROBLEM before you start applyin band aids.

However, I have a 440 bored 40 over with 13:1 dome pistons, runs cool with the stock 3 FLUME radiator and hi torque starter spins it great.

Good luck.

lyndon

This is just the latest in a long series of threads on this topic. We have pretty much covered everything. This thread was merely to get more ideas. The other night I remembered that when I looked into the radiator, I saw four sets of openings. So I figured that is how one can tell how many cores their radiator has. It is a very nice radiator, and I personally prefer the unfinished look compared to the costly Be Cool radiators.

That was almost as dramatic as a Kardashians episode!

I want my 5 minutes back.

My 71 Torino ate starters like that. Never did find the problem, but I absoutely know the timing chain was bad.

You know what else is retarded about you? It is funny you try and sound like some genius talking about the delta T principle. Like it is really that complicated to run a couple tests on the battery and starter.

Who wants to tell him that delta t has nothing to do with the electrical system? Lol

Speak for yourself Pabs and your two buddies. Anyway, I just wanted to thank Splicer because I didn't even realize that there were aftermarket starters available.

He posted this in another thread:

"For what it's worth, I'm running a Powermaster mini starter, TTI Headers and battery in the trunk.....no heat shielding...

The problem here is too much heat...right ?

If you are not running vacuum advance, your engine will run much hotter at idle and overheat starter......

Look up "Timing and Vacuum Advance" by John Hinckley...it will explain... "

Also, I reported both Jim's Maxie and Monteclair to Joey for making completely unprovoked attacks and basically being site bullies, and gave him a link to this thread. I hope that Joey cleans this site up because these types of comments are completely unwarranted. I also mentioned that I would defend myself should anyone wish to verbally attack my thread.

(You missed one. Keep dumping money into a money pit because you are trying to re engineer stuff that worked !!)

This is an unprovoked attack and I'm a site bully,wow.I've been called a lot of things but that's a first.After 4 pages of "I give up" you would think you could fix the problem.Address them one at a time instead of jumping to conclusions.

I'm sending this entire thread to Dr Phil. I hope and pray he uses it as a case study on his next bullying episode, people shouldn't be treated like this.

How high is your cranking amps on the battery, how old is it.. Im curious as once i had a similar problem and it turned out to be my battery, almost brand new one that once i replaced it with a higher amp cranking one it was fine. May not be your problem but following along if you have access to another one, Id try it..

Me 2 Ron.Had the same problem.Bout pulled out all my hair till someone told me to put a higher cranking amp battery in. It fixed the problem of eating starters. Then I sat down & added up how much time & money I had throwed at it. I couldnt believe it was such a simple fix. I guess I OVERTHOUGHT the situation.

Sometimes we can over think things, It really doesn't ALWAYS have to be something complex, This may not be his problem but worth mentioning it. If not, Then nothing lost but a little time.

Calling somebody "retarded" is a verbal attack, champ.

Don't buy a Honda. Buy a Fiat, or an old Triumph, or a Saab, or a Peugeot. All are very reliable, and should give you nothing but maintenance-free motoring. :pink banana:

You're more than welcome for the information...If you do go with the Powermaster, I found a minor interference point on the side of the nose housing that needed to be filed down....if you need further info, PM me..

Splicer

I am just looking in on a problem i have recently cured. All of your posts sounded all too familiar to me. My fan was the problem. You cannot use a 4 blade or a flexfan. Use an 18 -19 inch steel 6-8 blade heavy duty fan and move on.
I'm serious, that took care of my problem 100%.
Good luck

:angry9:I'm :icon_axe:very confused.......:headbang:

Attachments

• confused (1).jpg
    confused (1).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 328
WTF is delta T? Ya know what, i dont't care. What i do know is your engine temp is another issue for another thread. The temps you are talking about are not enough to effect the starter. Modern cars run 200 plus all day, and heat soak on top of that and have no problem turning over. Bad starters happen and i once had to put 5 on one car once till i got a winner. I will take a chance and assume from what i read thus far that the starter is ok as well as the battery cable to it and the ground side circuit. But what about the solenoid wiring. I dont recall anyone asking about the starter relay that mounts on the fire wall near the master cylinder. You could have a resistance issue there when things get hot. Just something to check.

Auto Transport Service
Back