• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a Igintion Point Question 69 RR

frank

Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 RR 383, 6.3.
I tried to change out the points, after pulling the points I realized that they don't match, (see photo). From the photo you can see that the post is way to short and the screw holes don't match. My guess is that the distributor is not the correct on. Anyway, does anyone know where I can fine one that matches the one I took out? The one I took out in the top one.
Ignition Points.jpg

The one on top kinda look like Accel while the bottom ones look like stockers. Should be a tag on the housing. Does the distributor body have the condenser attached to the bottom?

I have a 1969 RR 383, 6.3.
I tried to change out the points, after pulling the points I realized that they don't match, (see photo). From the photo you can see that the post is way to short and the screw holes don't match. My guess is that the distributor is not the correct on. Anyway, does anyone know where I can fine one that matches the one I took out? The one I took out in the top one.View attachment 340465

The bottom points are single point distributor,top is dual point.

i pulled out some chrysler dual points and they don't look like what you have in the top photo. the bottom set looks like single points. post a pic of your distributor.

Both Prestolite and Mallory dual points I've had used two like the bottom set.
Still make a difference knowing what kinda dizzy...is there a tag on it?

I've bought new points for Chyrysler single point dist that looked like the lower set, but had a short hole like the top set, and could barely get the gap needed.
Then as the points wore down, I was unable to move them in closer.
I think they were asian junk.
The top set has no attachment insulator or screw and nuts for connecting wiring, and has a weird dogleg curve.
You have a Prestolite dual point dist or some other strange animal.
Upload pic of distributor, please.
8 points on the cam , or 4?

Is there a space for another set?
8 points or 4 points on the cam?
Did you just get the car?
Maybe someone didn't know they needed 2 sets in there, and that's why they got rid of the car, couldn't get it to run.
I got one that way, but it was a simple carb issue.

Is there a space for another set?
8 points or 4 points on the cam?
Did you just get the car?
Maybe someone didn't know they needed 2 sets in there, and that's why they got rid of the car, couldn't get it to run.
I got one that way, but it was a simple carb issue.
--------------------------
Lots of good question
It's 8 points
I've had the car since 2012, it runs great and has lots of power.
The only issue is with starting after it's been sitting other then that no problems.
I'm going to take another look to see if there's a place to put another point.

005.JPG

From what I can see it looks like an aluminum housing Chrysler distributor,one set of points,if cast iron 2 sets,a picture of the distributor would solve the problem !

From what I can see it looks like an aluminum housing Chrysler distributor,one set of points,if cast iron 2 sets,a picture of the distributor would solve the problem !
Thanks for responding; I'll have some photos of the distributor tomorrow it's been raining here (Delaware) all day and I don't take her out in the rain.

Without a doubt.
005.JPG

I have a couple of photos of the of the inside of the distributor, this should help with determining the kind is points I'm looking for. There is only one post for the points not 2 that would indicated dual points.
Again, I'm trying to find out where to get points for the car.

1969 RR Points 1.jpg Points 2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back