• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley sniper ignition box question

Loulang

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1966 Dodge charger and if you know these cars and their electrical is crazy. I have had the car running before I bought the sniper distributor coil and ignition box. I took my motor out and took it to the machine shop for some more horsepower and while that was being done I bought the holly sniper distributor ignition box and the coil but I’m wondering if I can use the coil wire from my original wiring harness for a 12 V source for my Hyperspark ignition box. Appreciate the advice in advance. I’m very appreciative for FBBO I have received a lot of help from the FBBO community. Thanks

You can if you tie the IGN1 and IGN2 wires together ('crank' and 'run') with the wire that runs to your coil. Not the best way but it will work. Keep in mind, you also need switched 12V to Hyperspark's box.

I got it figured out Thanks. Don’t know how to delete this forum

I have a 1966 Dodge charger and if you know these cars and their electrical is crazy. I have had the car running before I bought the sniper distributor coil and ignition box. I took my motor out and took it to the machine shop for some more horsepower and while that was being done I bought the holly sniper distributor ignition box and the coil but I’m wondering if I can use the coil wire from my original wiring harness for a 12 V source for my Hyperspark ignition box. Appreciate the advice in advance. I’m very appreciative for FBBO I have received a lot of help from the FBBO community. Thanks
Hi,
Unless I'm misunderstanding your question - It looks like Holley wants a 12V from the battery to the box.

Greg

Dist wire diagram w box.PNG

Dist wire diagram.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back