• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I joined a group NOBODY wants to belong to..

Glad no one was hurt, The cars can be repaired
So true. Compared to some having posted about their cherry rides getting crunched, my deal is small. Yes, aside from injuries, could have been much worse, or my ’63. One example, was shocked to hear how someone didn’t SEE a glistening red ’69 RR with chrome wheels in the sunshine at a 4-way stop t-boning it to ruin! What’s not there to just maybe catch one’s eyesight, unless friggin blind? Hmm, sorry I didn’t see ya? SORRY? He just spent a TON in money and years making it sweet and a dipshit destroys it in seconds..

So true. Compared to some having posted about their cherry rides getting crunched, my deal is small. Yes, aside from injuries, could have been much worse, or my ’63. One example, was shocked to hear how someone didn’t SEE a glistening red ’69 RR with chrome wheels in the sunshine at a 4-way stop t-boning it to ruin! What’s not there to just maybe catch one’s eyesight, unless friggin blind? Hmm, sorry I didn’t see ya? SORRY? He just spent a TON in money and years making it sweet and a dipshit destroys it in seconds..
Cell phone stuck to their butt?? I see so many texting etc while driving.....even seen cops doing that.

It sucks when you put all that work into something then someone not paying attention wacks you. I am glad no one was hurt and I am sure you will get it fixed up.

It sucks when you put all that work into something then someone not paying attention wacks you. I am glad no one was hurt and I am sure you will get it fixed up.
Tell me about it. This was 08/09 for me

2927DB96-C0E1-42DA-A164-50F930BDF58D.jpeg

C02C18FF-7559-4AEA-BF13-904B089948F1.jpeg

A3510E8D-F111-4F22-B187-2D1D46D6F7D8.jpeg

2829D87B-B40D-456F-B08D-81A0D6FD6A04.jpeg

C80423D5-9021-4502-A2C1-ED73C189342E.jpeg

Tell me about it. This was 08/09 for me
That is a SWEET ride. Glad to see you rebuilt it better than before. Bugs me to know so many guys like us spend months, years, and cash making an old ride beautiful, just right, for some dumb-schmuck to ruin it in seconds. An ‘accident’ is one thing – then there’s being a dipshit driving aggressively or on a phone, or not paying attention for one reason or another.

Too many times when I’m driving my old ride, people behind are on my *** despite my going a tad more than the speed limit. I realize if I had to make a fast stop, they have NO room to stop before crashing into me. Just the other day a bitch was tailgating weaving around to see ahead of me. Well I was going 5 over the posted speed, but not enough for her. I get to a round-a-bout stopping to wait for the dump truck that has the right-of-way and she zips around me causing the trucker to make a hard stop. Half a minute later she’s stopped at a red light as I drive up behind her. WTF huh..

That is a SWEET ride. Glad to see you rebuilt it better than before. Bugs me to know so many guys like us spend months, years, and cash making an old ride beautiful, just right, for some dumb-schmuck to ruin it in seconds. An ‘accident’ is one thing – then there’s being a dipshit driving aggressively or on a phone, or not paying attention for one reason or another.

Too many times when I’m driving my old ride, people behind are on my *** despite my going a tad more than the speed limit. I realize if I had to make a fast stop, they have NO room to stop before crashing into me. Just the other day a bitch was tailgating weaving around to see ahead of me. Well I was going 5 over the posted speed, but not enough for her. I get to a round-a-bout stopping to wait for the dump truck that has the right-of-way and she zips around me causing the trucker to make a hard stop. Half a minute later she’s stopped at a red light as I drive up behind her. WTF huh..
And people wonder why there's so much road rage these days. So many aholes out there it makes me want to put a rope around their necks. It's no wonder I don't go anywhere much anymore.

Oh man these stories are giving me the chills.
I was delivering pizza a hundred years ago in an Omni 2 + 2 Turismo ? i was stopped turning left and an old chev Malibu hit me standing still at 40 + mph. sent me into head on traffic and I did a head on with a chevette.
The rear bumper was touching the back seat and the front was folded up over the windshield.

The pizza was pronounced dead at the scene

Probably scared the paramedics when they saw the pizza in the front seat! :eek:

Another was at an intersection as I got the green, started to roll forward then saw a tanker truck out of the corner of my eye.

I deliver parts part time and sitting at an intersection most of the time you can watch the cross traffic light for when it turns red. I'll count one, two, sometimes three running their light. I never go on green until I'm sure everyone is stopping. Good lesson to teach the younger generations.

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

The universe has a habit of making these things happen in threes. I would drive my least important vehicle around for a bit until the third happened. At least parts are easily accessible for my Husqvarna ride-on lawn mower.

Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.

Question for those dealing with the insurers: Still waiting for the city's PD to post the accident report online so I can contact this guy and/or his insurer. My wife didn't know the drill for getting smacked so this guy's info is in the report so said the police officer. 5 to 7 days to show up online.
I got a repair quote from a body shop/owner I know well. I trust him to do a nice job. He has done considerable work for me before currently having my wife's car under repair for the deer I hit two weeks ago. If the insurer balks at this - don't know. Won't take it too well, since this guy took all my resto work away and want it returned. If they say you need to obtain other quotes, I'll say fine, YOU pick it up on a flatbed and obtain the quotes you want. My guess is the estimates would be within a few hundred bucks and my time is worth more than this calling and chasing around to other shops.

Update: Be wary of a software program called ‘Hi Marley’. More on this in a sec.

Guy that crashed into my Dakota ins co is covering the damage. They had a claim adjuster come out to inspect the damage given the amount of the estimate. Was concerned as the cost was substantial for a 2005 truck; but handed him some photos of my restoration on it two years ago so he was aware of its nice condition.

Hi Marley? When talking with the claim’s rep she asked if further communication can be done by text or phone. I thought text would be easier and they sent me an email to say ‘yes’ to approve texting. But, there was a link on the ‘terms/conditions’ with texting. I linked to this before saying yes. Several pages long and the further I read the more alarmed I became. Their access to my info was insane. Basically it read like I was handing them my phone and laptop for their viewing pleasure. Lol, thought what next, my wiener dimensions? I replied ‘no’ and if I had the option of saying ‘**** no’ would a done that.

Was pissed as the rep said nothing about this and just by 2nd thought opened up their terms casually imbedded in the email. Did some research finding Hi Marley is not unusual with insurance companies anyway. With more thought wondered why they would want such broad and in MO, invasive access. Figured maybe some info to use against me somehow to find fault...don’t know. I’m a wary sort.

Anyway MO, if Marley is saying hi….don’t say say hi back

Happened AGAIN, another collision! First it was a deer driving the wife’s car, then the guy that rear-ended my Dakota while her car was still in the body shop. Yesterday – a friggin flying turkey. My Dakota is in the body shop finally able to get it repaired. I mean WTF? If that bird would have been an inch lower in altitude, may have spared the roof-line damage above the windshield. Who knows, that might a had the bird inside the cab.

Looked like a flying bowling ball. The hit launched the overhead console out into pieces on the floor, little pieces of glass everywhere, and the home-link RV mirror post, not just the mount, busted. Window looks ready to cave in.

How many ‘flying’ turkeys create a road hazard? Was driving northbound back from the store and noticed a semi in the on-coming lane weave about, thought he may have blown a tire; but then noticed the turkey in the road in front of the semi. It took flight in my direction and I got to send it further in flight. So now down to my ’63 as the only drivable transportation until I get a rental.

Starting to think I have bad karma..

Sonata Windshield 1.jpg

Sonata Windshield 2.jpg

Happened AGAIN, another collision! First it was a deer driving the wife’s car, then the guy that rear-ended my Dakota while her car was still in the body shop. Yesterday – a friggin flying turkey. My Dakota is in the body shop finally able to get it repaired. I mean WTF? If that bird would have been an inch lower in altitude, may have spared the roof-line damage above the windshield. Who knows, that might a had the bird inside the cab.

Looked like a flying bowling ball. The hit launched the overhead console out into pieces on the floor, little pieces of glass everywhere, and the home-link RV mirror post, not just the mount, busted. Window looks ready to cave in.

How many ‘flying’ turkeys create a road hazard? Was driving northbound back from the store and noticed a semi in the on-coming lane weave about, thought he may have blown a tire; but then noticed the turkey in the road in front of the semi. It took flight in my direction and I got to send it further in flight. So now down to my ’63 as the only drivable transportation until I get a rental.

Starting to think I have bad karma..

View attachment 1502973

View attachment 1502974
Dang man! Glad no one got hurt....except for the turkey. Did ya pick it up? Might need it for evidence? First I've ever heard of a turkey hit.

Update: Be wary of a software program called ‘Hi Marley’. More on this in a sec.

Guy that crashed into my Dakota ins co is covering the damage. They had a claim adjuster come out to inspect the damage given the amount of the estimate. Was concerned as the cost was substantial for a 2005 truck; but handed him some photos of my restoration on it two years ago so he was aware of its nice condition.

Hi Marley? When talking with the claim’s rep she asked if further communication can be done by text or phone. I thought text would be easier and they sent me an email to say ‘yes’ to approve texting. But, there was a link on the ‘terms/conditions’ with texting. I linked to this before saying yes. Several pages long and the further I read the more alarmed I became. Their access to my info was insane. Basically it read like I was handing them my phone and laptop for their viewing pleasure. Lol, thought what next, my wiener dimensions? I replied ‘no’ and if I had the option of saying ‘**** no’ would a done that.

Was pissed as the rep said nothing about this and just by 2nd thought opened up their terms casually imbedded in the email. Did some research finding Hi Marley is not unusual with insurance companies anyway. With more thought wondered why they would want such broad and in MO, invasive access. Figured maybe some info to use against me somehow to find fault...don’t know. I’m a wary sort.

Anyway MO, if Marley is saying hi….don’t say say hi back
I read over this again and man, there's so many businesses that want to do business over a cell phone ap.....screw that. It's one of the reasons I kept my land line. Just got a scammer on one of my for sale ads on FactlessBook wanting to text me a code to make sure I wasn't a scammer. He/she/it already had my land line number and told he/she/it that and it didn't accept texts messages and just to call me but 'it' kept trying anyways. After awhile and saying don't bother they called me a scammer lol

Dang man! Glad no one got hurt....except for the turkey. Did ya pick it up? Might need it for evidence? First I've ever heard of a turkey hit.
Thanks, yeah wife and I have been lucky no injuries or to anyone else. This collision happened within a half-mile from where I hit the deer a few weeks back. Some dipshit in a Jeep was tailgating my *** and the bird may have been launched over his vehicle. I pulled off and he kept going. Amazing how nobody gives a ******* **** when they’re right there to see someone get in a bad situation. Can’t count the number of times I pulled off to see if someone was hurt or needed help. Glad nobody else was in the car as a lot of pieces of busted stuff and glass bits mostly ended up on the passenger seat and floor. The embedded feathers may be ample evidence of what caused the damage, lol.

Well drove it to the body shop where my Dakota is. I should just park my vehicles there all the time since they’ve spent a lot of time there anyway..

want to do business over a cell phone ap.....screw that
That sort a crap pisses me off no end. Good you know when things don’t look right as I think for the most part, I do too. But, always another opportunity with skanks finding new ways to – skank people, we have to steer around. I don’t answer my phone when I don’t know wdf is calling. I get spam risk alerts, but more often, it’s listed as a legit number within my area code and it is still a **** call! We gave up our land line a few years ago and have some regrets.

Auto Transport Service
Back