• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I love the custom paint job on this 69 charger (for sale, not mine)

All these comments about the rust....

01 face 1.jpg

I didn't see any pictures of the floors or frame rails. I'll admit that the car is not worth the asking price or anywhere near it but from what I see, I don't consider this a parts car any more than the '70 I bought in 2019...I had to replace the trunk floor, rear window channel and the entire front structure due to crash damage. These cars have to be pretty bad to be stripped and cut apart.

View attachment 1591583

I didn't see any pictures of the floors or frame rails. I'll admit that the car is not worth the asking price or anywhere near it but from what I see, I don't consider this a parts car any more than the '70 I bought in 2019...I had to replace the trunk floor, rear window channel and the entire front structure due to crash damage. These cars have to be pretty bad to be stripped and cut apart.
You paid one sixth what he's asking, my impression is this car has the tin worms working overtime... The way to know is to take a look but at that price it's not worth looking.. The roof & rear window are typical as is the lower quarters... That drivers door is boiling under the paint and the hood gives me the impression pf having the same thing going on... Where else is the tin worm living? No pictures of the undercarriage might not indicate anything at all.......... But I would be very surprised if it's solid... JMO... Like I said five miles away from me if your bored set up a viewing....

We have an auction house in our town , a 1969 Dodge Charger went through a couple of years ago , regrettably I have no photo, but the car was a major rust bucket as in roof , quarters , floors , trunk etc. It realized something in the area of $30,000 !
What's happening now it seems is that cars that were looked upon as "unsavable" or parts cars are now being resurrected as viable restoration pieces. It's almost like the aircraft world where all one needs is a serial number and you just go from there! It all depends on how bad one wants a particular car so scoff if you like but I've seen this numerous times! In fact , anybody with metal working skills and is into cars will see this type of thing first hand.

It's almost like the aircraft world where all one needs is a serial number and you just go from there!
That's for sure. I was working in Air Force Plant #4 in the 1980's. The USAF sent us the gutted, bare bones aft section of an F-111 that had crashed/pancaked in the high mountains out west. Their instruction to my employer? Turn it back into an operational F-111. That's what happened!!!

I think that back in the day, the owner REALLY wanted a Trans AM.
Doesn't it look very, um "Trans Ammy", or is it just me. Steering
wheel, dash, seats, rims, emblem? Also, did anyone notice that the
valve covers are upside down? :fool::bananaweed: :bananaweed::bananadance:

Last edited:
How about the log chain holding the battery in that's not even hooked up.

This guy looks like a flipper to me. "Selling my charger" He hasn't owned this thing 6 months probably.

Might as well post all of the Craigslist pictures for posterity.

00808_1r7glPS4tv9_1320MM_600x450.jpg
00z0z_59cjeiD6pP1_1320MM_600x450.jpg
00C0C_aSdAQ5xGI0p_0wh0i9_600x450.jpg
00000_jc42sMByXy7_0wh0i9_600x450.jpg
00V0V_582rZY8gbeR_0wh0i9_600x450.jpg
00p0p_lsDIFBv2wT7_1320MM_600x450.jpg
00m0m_jq6kMqfzVG1_1320MM_600x450.jpg
00p0p_eAgUfwHGiiG_1320MM_600x450.jpg
00404_htFQ1wlHGjk_1320MM_600x450.jpg

It probably had that one good part he needed for the 70.

View attachment 1591583

There is almost no such thing as a Charger parts car anymore. The car would have to be as bad as the one in Chris Birdsongs video to be parted out. That car is completely structurally compromised, some guys will even rebuild that one. All the sheetmetal to fix this red one is currently available, and being from New England it is far from the worst one I have ever seen. It's rusty as far as a California Charger is concerned, but it probably came from somewhere else or spent its life near the ocean. I think what has everyone on here getting their panties in a twist is the price! That's what second generation Chargers cost these days,basic supply and demand economics!

Auto Transport Service
Back