• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I made these today whatcha think

Tbone416

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
A set of big block heater pipe nippes in 304 Stainless
20210817_141715.jpg
20210817_141720.jpg
20210817_141726.jpg
20210817_141743.jpg
20210817_141757.jpg
20210817_141918.jpg
20210817_141934.jpg
20210817_141941.jpg

Thought about making some of those for a looooong time lol. Aluminum ones too for the weight watchers....
And what's the tool for.....?

Thought about making some of those for a looooong time lol. Aluminum ones too for the weight watchers....
Screwing them in!
How the hell do you machine that?!

Well, you coulda shined them up better! All kidding aside, they're beautiful!
It's what any Mopar lover would do if they had machining capabilities.
I'm planning to make a set just like that for mine. You should take orders
on the Forum and make a few bananas?

Well, you coulda shined them up better! All kidding aside, they're beautiful!
It's what any Mopar lover would do if they had machining capabilities.
I'm planning to make a set just like that for mine. You should take orders
on the Forum and make a few bananas?
Exactly. Start a sale thread. (more than a suggestion)

Very nice. I'm always in awe of those who posses the skill to fabricate something out of a chunk of metal.

I'm still trying to make a Billet Dip Stick Tube with a lathe and a Gun Drill!
Keeps siezing upon me halfway through and ruining the blank! Ahh, One of
these days I'll make it all the way through.(Just Kidding)

those are great! I’ve made a couple sets as well

Last edited:
Stainless so hard to machine. Would aluminum do the trick all right? Great job on them for sure! What are those thread sizes off hand??
Love the installation tool. Thinking about making one of those tools for my antenna.

Thought about making some of those for a looooong time lol. Aluminum ones too for the
The tool is for installing the nippes I bought it at lowes.

Stainless so hard to machine. Would aluminum do the trick all right? Great job on them for sure! What are those thread sizes off hand??
Love the installation tool. Thinking about making one of those tools for my antenna.
3/8 NPT THANKS

SS isn't all that hard to machine....but it is tough and when machining it lightly, you'll get 'strings' instead of chips. If the finish isn't good, turn up the rpm a bit or you need a better cutter. SS doesn't like rounded tooling but likes a sharper cutting tool. Some SS is gummy while the higher grades isn't so gummy so use some coolant or cutting oil on all of it. When threading SS with a die.....use plenty of lube and go slow but I've had better results single tooling it. If you single tool it, the same applies as if you are machining it......and it's a good idea if you practice if you've never done it before.

I'm still trying to make a Billet Dip Stick Tube with a lathe and a Gun Drill!
Keeps siezing upon me halfway through and ruining the blank! Ahh, One of
these days I'll make it all the way through.(Just Kidding)
Why not use a piece of stainless tubing?

Auto Transport Service
Back