• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need some new knobs.... OK that sounds funny - and a wiper switch

Garceau

Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Big Bill I stole your pic -

I am looking for some new knobs for my 66 satellite. I am missing one, the others don't look great, and am missing one from my radio as well. The few that are still on keep falling off (some are cracked on the back side, or just wore out) they fall off randomly when I stab the gas and its embarassing.

I searched a few places and nothing popped up - but I am new to the factory restoring type world and may not be looking in the right place. Oh the years of throwing all this stuff out to make race cars :)

My wiper switch is finicky - it works, but I am sure the contacts with the switch are very wore out. I often times have to mess with it to get it to stop back at the bottom. Is that something thats available as a unit to swap out?

1660833319052.png

You need to post in the Want to Buy forum section and be specific as to exactly which knobs you need as they all (or about all) attach differently. The headlight knob has a shaft. The wiper knob fits on a shaft. Etc.

You might be able to remove the wiper switch and spray it out with electrical contact cleaner while rotating the switch through its positions and get it working better.

Auto Transport Service
Back