• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I simply cannot take it anymore!

1705004433759.png

Even the meme-fluencers can't agree on the phonetic versions!

1705064939077.png

1705064968729.png

1705064978911.png

Jesus H Chrysler!!!!

so I go to the local farm stand......all I want is a few tomatoes, a couple of cucumbers, and maybe some squash

I walk in and the only thing they have is tomatoes.

"is it too early in the season for veggies?", I ask

"we will have veggies next week, we are still selling flowers and it's too hectic to sell both flowers and veggies" she says......

"oh", I said, with a dumbfounded look on my face

the vegetable tables are EMPTY, no flowers are taking up the space....whatever

so I put 4 tomatoes on the counter

"that'll be 10.88" she said

I'm, like.... "wow, 11 bucks for 4 tomatoes?, whatever......"

now it gets good....... I hand the young lady a 20 dollar bill and a 1...... and she isn't 10 years old, she's at least a high school grad

she was COMPLETELY BEFUTTLED AND CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like "is there a problem?"

she stood there silent with a stupid look on her face

"you can give me a 10 back", I said

more silence and confusion, "I can't do that" she said.....like I was trying to get over in some way.

she hands me back my 1 and then proceeds to give me my 9.12 change.

WTF!!!!!! is everyone fukking retarded? are we really this screwed?

then on the 3 mile drive home, I see not 1, but 2 different Karens driving with windows up, a/c on, alone, while wearing masks!!!!!

after experiencing this, I never want to ever leave my compound again!!!!!!!!

we have absolutely ZERO future...... we are DOOMED!!!!

thank you, my brothers....... I feel a little better now (but not much)..... rant off
I went to work as a kid at a local Dairy Queen in 1972, I was taught to count change backward from the amount of the purchase to the amount of money given in payment. Maye took 10 minutes with the owner and I never forgot how it works. I don't like a lot of ones in my billfold, yes I have done just like you many times, and yes ran into the same problem.

I went to work as a kid at a local Dairy Queen in 1972, I was taught to count change backward from the amount of the purchase to the amount of money given in payment. Maye took 10 minutes with the owner and I never forgot how it works. I don't like a lot of ones in my billfold, yes I have done just like you many times, and yes ran into the same problem.
Hard to imagine today, but in 1960, our first grade teacher had each of us count change for a dollar used for a 25 cent purchase, using actual coins. I remember cornering the nickels as quickly as possible to keep it simple.

Dad taught me lots of quick shortcuts (he was a CPA). Change for .82? 80 would be 20, minus the 2, is 18 cents change. Stuff like that. Quick and dirty, in your head, NEXT.

My step father used to say a pee can is a can you pee in, it's pronounced pah caan!

My step father used to say a pee can is a can you pee in, it's pronounced pah caan!

with all do respect........ anyone with a New England accent can't tell the rest of us how to pronounce anything

now go paak the caah in the yaad:poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back