• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I simply cannot take it anymore!

Not to go down the wrong road here, but...watch the news. Maff is rayciss now. Seriously - there is a push in a LOT of areas to quit teaching 2+2=4 because it's "privileged".

That, and the public school system...well...

My dad was a german, retired USN Commander, CPA. I was balancing my checkbook before I could write cursive. If only ALL parents cared that much....

ANOTHER BS THREAD
Who the F in their right mind spend ten bucks for 4 tomatoes??????
Pretty strange as I went to my local place bought flowers and vegetables no problem

Not at all is this BS. My cousin in Colorado makes big bank on organic potatoes. He sells his potatoes for FIVE dollars each - probably eight or nine now! And they are not huge Russets, either; but rather a potato that is roughly half the size of what you'll find in the store. He hits the farmer's markets in western Colorado and sells the hell out of his potatoes. People buy that stuff. More power to my cousin. He found the right market for his goods.

Last edited:
I was at a car show yesterday. The local Soccer club was running the food concession. I ordered a hamburger and Coke-$6.00. I gave the 13 - or - so year old girl a $20.00 bill. An adult had to help her make out the change. Pretty sad!

There is a great Mexican restaurant my wife and I frequent. Nice atmosphere, plenty of seating, and the best damn food in town! It's a 100% family-owned and run operation. We were getting ready to pay the cashier...who, today, was the owner's 11-year-old granddaughter. The total came out to $27.90. I gave her two twenties. She counted the change back exactly, and not simply giving me a fistful of bills and change! I had already tipped the server, and I gave the girl the two singles as a tip just for her. I'd mentioned to her Mom that her daughter was taught right, and her change-counting skills were better than 99% of the folks out there. She smiled, and the girl had the widest smile going, showing her Mom her tip.

There is hope out there.

Anything "organic"....300X the price of "regular", pesticide, fertilized, normal mass-produced food.

Look in the grocery store sometime. Hell, you don't even have to leave the lettuce area. Compare a head of lettuce to a head of "organic" lettuce.

In.
Sane.

So apparently now there's a trend where the cashier (convenience store) just piles your change on the counter, for you to pick up, instead of handing it to you.

Whut?

had this happen at the gas station last week ....I watched the cashiers brain skip a few teeth trying to figure out the change which she gave me was wrong

Throw 'em for a loop sometime if your change will be $4-something - put an extra single in your payment so they can give you ONE 5, instead of FOUR singles.

Throw 'em for a loop sometime if your change will be $4-something - put an extra single in your payment so they can give you ONE 5, instead of FOUR singles.
I have given up doing that! ...or adding the extra change on, to have my change come out to an even dollar amount. Confuses the heck out of them.

I have given up doing that! ...or adding the extra change on, to have my change come out to an even dollar amount. Confuses the heck out of them.

I bet a huge percentage of them cannot tell time on a conventional clock

1693417987748.png

I bet a huge percentage of them cannot tell time on a conventional clock
My youngest can't.....and she's 35!! Tried to teach her but it was like teaching a ball how to bounce without touching it. And she was on the honor roll at school. My home has had analog clocks in it since before she was born and still have several. I like to unplug all the digital clocks when she comes over but she just pulls out her phone. Maybe that's one of the reasons she quit coming over.

yep we in trouble fer sure ! it’s a big shot show out there .i put in 12 tomato plants in garden this year and am overwhelmed w tomatoes, been giving them away as fast as i can . eating tons of them too , fresh tomatoes are the best ….

People are idiots but who is to blame?
I say, blame the ones teaching them. When people have information at a quick access through a phone, they don't develop critical thinking skills like WE did.
I remember about 30 years ago, I was working at a bar while going to culinary school. The owner asked me if there was anything I could think of to add to the menu to spice it up a little. I said…..”let’s see, we have bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes for the burgers, and a toaster, how about adding a BLT”? His answer…..” nope, that won’t work, nobody knows how to use the toaster”!

And you wonder who is teaching our youth? That would be NOBODY!!

yep we in trouble fer sure ! it’s a big shot show out there .i put in 12 tomato plants in garden this year and am overwhelmed w tomatoes, been giving them away as fast as i can . eating tons of them too , fresh tomatoes are the best ….
I sprouted some okra and they grew but it's been a chore trying to keep them watered. It finally rained here a few days ago but I was a little bit late getting water on them a couple times and it sure didn't help. They are in buckets and was having to flood them sometimes three times a day.... and it looks like I'm going to lose a couple of young trees that I didn't get enough water on either.

I remember about 30 years ago, I was working at a bar while going to culinary school. The owner asked me if there was anything I could think of to add to the menu to spice it up a little. I said…..”let’s see, we have bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes for the burgers, and a toaster, how about adding a BLT”? His answer…..” nope, that won’t work, nobody knows how to use the toaster”!

And you wonder who is teaching our youth? That would be NOBODY!!
Everyone my age learned how to survive from ‘grownups’, book stuff from teachers. When our grand parents died off all that teaching of the basics was lost. Farming went away so did that knowledge.

I try not to be too difficult or annoyed with the "youth" "kids" "young adults" these days - because its my generation that is raising them. Althouth I have no kids so I guess I can blame it on everyone else :)

Parents need to have so much more responsibility in raising their kids..... seems the last generation or maybe two, the majority relied on the school system to do it. Then they complained the teachers were making too much money or had too good of venefits.....so at least up here, Wisconsin lost a lot of teachers.

I DO pronounce "females" as Fa mah lees.

I sprouted some okra and they grew but it's been a chore trying to keep them watered. It finally rained here a few days ago but I was a little bit late getting water on them a couple times and it sure didn't help. They are in buckets and was having to flood them sometimes three times a day.... and it looks like I'm going to lose a couple of young trees that I didn't get enough water on either.
My dad used to plant okra in his gardens. I like it fried the best. Heck a lot of people from the north have probably never tried it. From what I remember, kinda like green beans, once they start getting ripe, they grow super fast. He’d know just when to pick them for the not too tough/taste factor to be the best. I haven’t had it in years. My wife‘s dad had a garden also, but never planted it, so she’s never tried it. Thanks for the memory, take care, sir!

Two supplies us with all we need. Twelve, that could make you a lot of friends. Nothing like fresh tomatoes!

Auto Transport Service
Back