• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I simply cannot take it anymore!

Wasn’t this thread originally about Tow Maters or something like that?

94C28D16-36D3-4036-AF0F-AAB192F5517F.jpeg

I was taught that grammar was an Intelligence Quotient and the failure to write correctly reflected upon your overall mental abilities. If you don't care about doing a simple task like writing correctly, why would you care about things more important in your life.
Glad you bought into that BS. To the rest of the world family comes first no mater how dam stupid they are.

Ironically, we live right next to a pretty famous region of tomato producers:
https://www.graingercountytomatofestival.com/
Grainger County tomatoes are quite famous in the produce world.

Now, why do I say ironically?
Because I'm probably the only southerner who doesn't particularly like tomatoes.
I love practically anything produced from them - I just don't care for tomatoes "straight up".
From what I'm told from all these tomato-loving natives around here, though, Grainger Co.
is the Cadillac!

Suffice to say, tomatoes are plentiful and rather cheap in these parts...
and now the thread has come full circle. :thumbsup:

I do agree that grammar is important, but, to say grammar is an Intelligence Quotient and the failure to write correctly reflects upon your overall mental abilities, while partially true, there is more to success than the written word. Many times I fumble a word or find myself a bit lazy and just do what I do, make no mistake, I'd rather be who I am, than a English professor. My grammar, good or bad, has taken me and my mental abilities to a place that an English professor could only dream of achieving. The world is for achievers, not vocabulary experts. This forum is full of achievers. Smell what I'm saying, can you see where I'm coming from, just saying........ and as always, this is just my opinion.

So you want a medal. You were given a job, did it and got compensated. You contributed to the welfare of our military and now you want to exploit it for your personal agenda.
Did you not read the posts before mine that brought up politics or did you just ignore them because it suites your agenda?
So spare me the one sided lecture as your wrong
My elders, my friends, cousins, some of their kids my neighbours, many guys I served with in the NYSANG were all combat vets. I spent a few days last summer with the brother in law of my cousin who just retired as a fighter pilot after 20 years. The father in law was a retired naval officer who served in VN.
Not one, not a single one ever threw up in my face about their "sacrifices". They didnt have to.
You do though so I get it

Man, I having trouble figuring out where
you're coming from. I would never berate
anyone who states a legitimate opinion.
Evidently, you don't recognize sarcasm.
You've a chip on your shoulder. Why so
angry? All those who served have my
highest respect. I was worried sick for
3 years, wondering if my son would
make it home. As it turned out, he was
one of those injured just before our
life saving trucks were implemented.
For three months after he was discharged,
he sat on the roof of the house at night
"standing guard". He was a victim of
a RPG hit of a poorly protected HUMVEE.
He'll never be able to carry on with a
normal relationship. Go ahead and tell
me again, what is sacrifice?
By the way, how much do you pay for
tomatoes? I hope you don't get cheated
on your change.

I do agree that grammar is important, but, to say grammar is an Intelligence Quotient and the failure to write correctly reflects upon your overall mental abilities, while partially true, there is more to success than the written word. Many times I fumble a word or find myself a bit lazy and just do what I do, make no mistake, I'd rather be who I am, than a English professor. My grammar, good or bad, has taken me and my mental abilities to a place that an English professor could only dream of achieving. The world is for achievers, not vocabulary experts. This forum is full of achievers. Smell what I'm saying, can you see where I'm coming from, just saying........ and as always, this is just my opinion.
I had the opportunity to speak with a person that had been to prison a few times and I asked why they hadn't put more effort into functioning in society and how their abilities would have been better spent making achievements in more rewarding areas. The response was that "they could survive in prison and I wouldn't". I told them that I would never need to have that skill. Curious how this was the highest achievement that they could recognize. We each have a different view of self success. This person was arrested the first time at 17 rears old and never had any self respect and still doesn't. Life is a series of building blocks that begin in school. Reading, writing, and arithmetic were the first goals for children to master and the ability to master those control your destiny. Articulation is a greater skill to own and I think my opinion may be a bit more accepted. Results may vary!

on your change.
And another by the way....
My son EARNED two bronze stars and a
Purple Heart for his actions.
Army Rangers.....

on your change
Staten Island,
Before you start ragging on those that
sweated, learned the hard way, made
many sacrifices, but still stayed the
course, please bear in mind that you
missed 5 apostrophes, 7 commas, and
at least 3 periods in your quoted post.
I'll put a 70 year old man's integrity
against yours. any day of the week.
You've been brainwashed. The problem
in your case is you'll never bend enough
to figure things out on your own. And I
ain't talking just about cars.
Thats your first post to me, before that I had no contact with you, no interaction, certainly no arguing
I appreciate your sons service and what he went through
I feel terrible about the worry, what you and family went through with having your son so far away and being wounded
However that does not give you the right to berate me for my grammar or pass judgement because I do not support a politician that you do.
Your sons service is not in question and to bring it up in the context in which you have just done makes me suspect of what your true motives really are
You made great contributions in the work you did, again there is no question about that but what I resent is the way you use it, almost to the point of exploiting it, in some sort of attempt to establish im something less than loyal, less of a American or as you put it "brainwashed " because of my distain for our last administration and that fact coupled with all you have recently wrote, about your son, your work, all the good you and your co workers did leaves me scratching my head and wondering whose really the one brainwashed here.

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to speak with a person that had been to prison a few times and I asked why they hadn't put more effort into functioning in society and how their abilities would have been better spent making achievements in more rewarding areas. The response was that "they could survive in prison and I wouldn't". I told them that I would never need to have that skill. Curious how this was the highest achievement that they could recognize. We each have a different view of self success. This person was arrested the first time at 17 rears old and never had any self respect and still doesn't. Life is a series of building blocks that begin in school. Reading, writing, and arithmetic were the first goals for children to master and the ability to master those control your destiny. Articulation is a greater skill to own and I think my opinion may be a bit more accepted. Results may vary!
That's sad, I've known people like that myself.

As far as the ability to master those skills controlling your destiny goes.. Nah, I don't agree at all. Don't get me wrong, reading, writing, math, etc, etc are all very important and will make achieving success much easier but many of the greatest minds weren't thought to be very bright as children. Everyone is handed strengths and weaknesses, the trick to finding success is realizing those and choosing a path that plays into your strengths. It's the parents responsibility to instill confidence and self worth, more pivots on that than anything else.

I have a son who's dyslexic, we pay for a tutor that specializes in dealing with it but it will always be a weakness.. Do I think he'll struggle or fail to be successful, hell no! He has a weakness but many, many strengths.

That's sad, I've known people like that myself.

As far as the ability to master those skills controlling your destiny goes.. Nah, I don't agree at all. Don't get me wrong, reading, writing, math, etc, etc are all very important and will make achieving success much easier but many of the greatest minds weren't thought to be very bright as children. Everyone is handed strengths and weaknesses, the trick to finding success is realizing those and choosing a path that plays into your strengths. It's the parents responsibility to instill confidence and self worth, more pivots on that than anything else.

I have a son who's dyslexic, we pay for a tutor that specializes in dealing with it but it will always be a weakness.. Do I think he'll struggle or fail to be successful, hell no! He has a weakness but many, many strengths.

Well said!!

Best eatin' in Philadelphia is a place downtown called "Monk's".

They serve things like rabbit, pheasant, bison, and other wild/game meats and have something like 150 different non-IPA micro brews and international beers.

Auto Transport Service
Back