• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I'm gonna cry...or be sick

I've got lots of 70's era magazine where that car would fit right in with the rest. Aside from the funky seats and door panels, it's just paint. And some sort of crease running along the passenger quarter panel. Depends on his reserve, I guess.

Its still a mopar! I would rather start out redoing that car if the body is in good shape. The hood could be blacked out easily and the stripe painted over. I have had some ugly ones with rust and duct tape interiors before so all in all I dont think its so bad.

I agree on personal tastes, it's their car, etc. And I'd even buy off on the whole 70's vibe...BUT, if I'm not mistaken, the receipt for the paint was dated 2001 not 1971!!

Oops, meant the Polaroid pic dated 2000 not receipt!

What Sonny wants to know.....Were are the "Dangle Balls"? :euro_pimp:

I kinda' was ok, just a little sick:shruggy:...'till the open door shot!!!!:mornincoffee:

God help us all....(that are eyes will heal)

At least it doesn't have 22" rims and rollin like a baller!

I'd love to know who painted it so I don't use them. None of the panels on the car are the same color. And that's it's good points.

To answer the op's question... Huggy bear.
IMO it's all fixable, better than starting out with a rust bucket.
Remember it's a 69 road runner, it's just hiding under the crap.

I also remember allot of cars in the 70's that where even stranger, when the custom vans where popular people started doing the same crap to their cars.

There's a older gentlman about 30-40 minutes from me in Wild Rose, WI that has a bunch of old mopars laying around. A few of them are late 60's barracuda's sitting in a shed. They have that same lace idea painted on the side. Guy told me it was a fad back in the 70's to lay lace on the car and spray over, and the cars were a remnant of that era. First time i've seen it on a car since seeing those barracuda's. Still not a fan.

There's a older gentlman about 30-40 minutes from me in Wild Rose, WI that has a bunch of old mopars laying around. A few of them are late 60's barracuda's sitting in a shed. They have that same lace idea painted on the side. Guy told me it was a fad back in the 70's to lay lace on the car and spray over, and the cars were a remnant of that era. First time i've seen it on a car since seeing those barracuda's. Still not a fan.

I've even got an old (1973) Peterson's Publications book on basic paint and bodywork that shows how to do lace painting. I know what you mean.

A bit tacky, but loads better than sitting behind the owner's house for 30 years and rusted into scrap. The seats though... putting the material aside, look at how awful the installation is! Folds, wrinkles, and it doesn't look like the bottoms are even fitted.

Well the paint isn't that terrible. I could even live with it for awhile while I was saving up some money to do a good paint job. The upholstery on the other hand is TERRIBLE!!It would have to go.

not my taste either, but a little time removing the ugly striping {hopefully it's just vinyl, I doubt it is thou}

some different seat covers, most all the interior stuff

- - - Updated - - -

here's a cool 69-1/2 A12 RR with some tastefully done lace stripes, I knew a few people that had that lace stripes done, but the stripe & scheme on that gold RR looks like snake skin almost to me.... must have taken some bad drugs in the 70's

Attachments

• 69 Roadrunner w-70's snake skin looking paint.jpg
    69 Roadrunner w-70's snake skin looking paint.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 69.5 Roadrunner 4406bbl A12 Project Six Pack #2.jpg
    69.5 Roadrunner 4406bbl A12 Project Six Pack #2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 69.5 Roadrunner 4406bbl A12 Project Six Pack #1.jpg
    69.5 Roadrunner 4406bbl A12 Project Six Pack #1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 166
too cry or not to cry

that's the question, just be sick!

Ouch!! Watching that Viper destroyed was painful!

If you look at the close-ups of the stripes on the RR, you can see that they are some kind of flower print. Bizarre...

yes it was ugly then...........and still is, I know I've been there!

Wild rose, ever stop in at kevin for a beer?...log place next to the police ...I've had a few in there over the years at "deer" camp...my summer place is not far from there..

just ask'in.

Ha! Small world. Don't know Kevin personally Sonny, but I've been in that place a few times for a beer and/or sandwich. I probably go through Wild Rose 20-30 times a year, being it's on route to my wife's family cottage down in Coloma. Heck, next time your up during the habitable time of year come summer, let me know..I'll swing in and buy ya a beer.

You're talking about The Pioneer Pub correct?

ppub.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back