• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think it's time to sell, but wiw?

Hagerty makes the point that "colors can significantly affect price and saleability." My own experience has indicated that their numbers tend to be based on the more desirable colors. I've discounted for less popular shades, both as a buyer and a seller.
IMO, color combinations are very much part of the equation value wise.
Red interior is top of the list especially if black exterior, but red or white exterior cars are pretty close 2nds

Black interior cars for me move it to the bottom for just about anything color / condition wise.

y ? what r u going to get?
Right now it's looking like a 2011-14 Mustang GT. Seems to check all the boxes for us.

Just have to get the car sold. Got a lot of interest and a few trade offers (nothing I've said I was interested of course)...

I'm not worried about wringing the last dollar out of anyone. Just want it gone without giving it away. I put it for $24.5. I know I won't get that, but when I listed it I kinda had that thought in the back of my head... "if she doesn't sell, just finish and drive her", but even my wife is wanting a Mustang now, so... I'll lower the price this weekend, and get serious.

Last edited:
She's a beaut! The cars I've bought recently have been cash transactions. I take my withdrawal receipts to show it's legit money from a bank. I always like having cash in the safe for stuff so that would be my choice. I've also pulled cahiers checks at a branch of my bank with the seller present. If buyer and seller have the same bank, you can do an account to account transfer. Always, ALWAYS face-to-face.

I'll be watching to see what you come up with for value.
Got a fake $100 bill from a bank once..... who would have thunk something like that would have happened. When I took it back they took it and told me I had to forfeit it cuz they could not confirm it came from them so I withdrew every red cent I had there. Then they tried to talk me out of doing that and I just laughed and told everybody that I knew and some that I didn't know what happened there.

Got a fake $100 bill from a bank once..... who would have thunk something like that would have happened. When I took it back they took it and told me I had to forfeit it cuz they could not confirm it came from them so I withdrew every red cent I had there. Then they tried to talk me out of doing that and I just laughed and told everybody that I knew and some that I didn't know what happened there.
I had a home owner policy that would cover up to $500 if you forfeit funny money. Don't have that policy anymore.

so I withdrew every red cent I had there
That sucks. Bank has records to verify they gave you X amount of cash on X date. It’s typically not a frequent occurrence to obtain 100 dollar bills from anywhere but a bank. I divvied out lots of them to pay contractors or buy stuff getting the cash from the – bank. I’d a done the same thing – become a FORMER customer.

Well, it's been over three weeks, since I listed her. I've had tons of interest and questions, a few trade offers, but no serious buyers.

Every time I answered a question or saw the ad, I thought to myself, is this the right thing to do? And I've finally come to the conclusion, no. It isn't. If selling her were the right thing, I wouldn't be second guessing myself.

I'm trying to restore/restomod Dad/Grandpa's C10, but once I get the old frame stripped, and gone (hopefully in the next month or two), I'll focus on getting the Belvedered glass back in and top on, so I don't have any excuses to not drive her.

Then as time/money allow, I'll fix a few other things with the goal of her being my driver.

One of the biggest issues I've had over that 24 years is finding parts. I'm not a purest, and not too concerned with originality, but things are starting to change. I've been helping a friend find parts for his 70 Bee and there's a lot more out there now. I see there are now even EFI tanks available. Sniper EFI, is now high on my list... along with power windows, quieter exhaust, tubular control arms/thicker torsion bars... etc, etc...

I appreciate all the input here, but I think I made a mistake. So, I'll be hanging around, and trying a little harder to get her back together. After 24 years, you'd think she be "complete". Just goes to show how easily distracted I get, but trying to change that.

Well, it's been over three weeks, since I listed her. I've had tons of interest and questions, a few trade offers, but no serious buyers.

Every time I answered a question or saw the ad, I thought to myself, is this the right thing to do? And I've finally come to the conclusion, no. It isn't. If selling her were the right thing, I wouldn't be second guessing myself.

I'm trying to restore/restomod Dad/Grandpa's C10, but once I get the old frame stripped, and gone (hopefully in the next month or two), I'll focus on getting the Belvedered glass back in and top on, so I don't have any excuses to not drive her.

Then as time/money allow, I'll fix a few other things with the goal of her being my driver.

One of the biggest issues I've had over that 24 years is finding parts. I'm not a purest, and not too concerned with originality, but things are starting to change. I've been helping a friend find parts for his 70 Bee and there's a lot more out there now. I see there are now even EFI tanks available. Sniper EFI, is now high on my list... along with power windows, quieter exhaust, tubular control arms/thicker torsion bars... etc, etc...

I appreciate all the input here, but I think I made a mistake. So, I'll be hanging around, and trying a little harder to get her back together. After 24 years, you'd think she be "complete". Just goes to show how easily distracted I get, but trying to change that.
Cool!! Mine has been apart since 98 but has been part way back together then changed my mind.....twice! Anyways, I got it back on all fours probably more than a year ago but haven't have much of a chance to work on it lately and countless delays because life getting in the way. The first delay happened when my dad passed on in 98 and I worked on taking care of what little he had left and well, on and on....

Cool!! Mine has been apart since 98 but has been part way back together then changed my mind.....twice! Anyways, I got it back on all fours probably more than a year ago but haven't have much of a chance to work on it lately and countless delays because life getting in the way. The first delay happened when my dad passed on in 98 and I worked on taking care of what little he had left and well, on and on....
Thanks! And good luck with yours.

My dad passed in 2016, and my Belvedere was always his favorite car, even though he had some pretty cool ones along the way. That was part of my decision as well. He thought it was cool that I would want the old Chevy, but thought the Plymouth should be my main priority.

I told my wife the truck was so much a part of my childhood it means a lot to me... she responded with, and that's how our kids will view the Belvedere.

Mine originally sat for 7 years while I looked for parts and decided what to do. Then I got engaged, and promised her we'd drive away in the Belvedere. It was smoking pretty bad with the original motor, but we did it. I pushed myself pretty hard for a year to get it ready.

If selling her were the right thing, I wouldn't be second guessing myself.
It isn’t an easy decision at least wasn’t for me and some old buddies back when they had some classic muscle cars. All in all, I’ve heard more regrets selling and includes me. With my ’63 having it since ’94, took it apart and put it back together – all the hassles finding parts (including some ingenuity and help from others when they weren’t to be had), blood-loss, sweat, expletives, etc. feel like its become part of my DNA. It isn’t my favorite mopar; but in the top five I’d say. Once owned my #1 favorite. Water over the dam.

When a nice guy wanted to buy it in the price range I figured was reasonable…couldn’t do it. Not yet anyway. My thinking is to sell it when I find I’m too old or incapable to someone who likes it…otherwise, there’s my offspring who has no interest in it and that sucks to have them dump it with all the other **** I have taking up space. I reckon I won't be concerned about it when I'm ashes.

It isn’t an easy decision at least wasn’t for me and some old buddies back when they had some classic muscle cars. All in all, I’ve heard more regrets selling and includes me. With my ’63 having it since ’94, took it apart and put it back together – all the hassles finding parts (including some ingenuity and help from others when they weren’t to be had), blood-loss, sweat, expletives, etc. feel like its become part of my DNA. It isn’t my favorite mopar; but in the top five I’d say. Once owned my #1 favorite. Water over the dam.

When a nice guy wanted to buy it in the price range I figured was reasonable…couldn’t do it. Not yet anyway. My thinking is to sell it when I find I’m too old or incapable to someone who likes it…otherwise, there’s my offspring who has no interest in it and that sucks to have them dump it with all the other **** I have taking up space. I reckon I won't be concerned about it when I'm ashes.
Right now my kids are young, but like the old cars. I figure this way I have one to pass down to each of them...

Right now my kids are young, but like the old cars. I figure this way I have one to pass down to each of them...
Nice to be able to know your ride will be left with someone who cares and being your offspring, all the better. Had posted before about a nightmare experience selling an old-cherished ride to a dipshit in town who ended up destroying it and got to watch it progress every time I spotted it around town. Rare car and ya could eat off the gas pedal when I sold it. Six months later saw it for the last time sitting in a dealer’s junk lot. Only thing I have to be satisfied with is having the opportunity to tell this guy exactly what I thought of him murdering my GTO.

Great news.

Even though mine has only been a family member since Oct 2020 . It has given myself and my family a lot of memory's already,,,. And only expect many more to come.
I've had some serious offers to sell mine. But I just cant do it. Even though I've only had it a short time,. I've known the car, helped restore the car and bought it from a very good friend. So I lusted for this very car for nearly 20 years. Ive had several offers to sell, including a couple that would double what I have in it. But deep down, I just can't do it. I'm afraid this one isn't going anywhere.

Cars have been part of my life since I was a kid. Ive had wing cars to hemi cars to convertibles. And my girls have been around old Mopars there entire life. And each are a little bit of a car geek themselves.

Im currently looking for a convertible as a 2nd keeper. That way when I'm gone. Both my girls have one they can decide what to do with them. But deep down,,,,my gutt tells me they are in good hands and will go nowhere.

Last edited:
I buy, sell and trade all the time. Everyone is surprised I've had Belle for so long. My girls both had a truck they were attached to, but I sold them and bought my wife a new Jeep. She had been driving an old firetruck I resurrected. It was an 87 K20. Fire engine red with a white metallic stripe. My youngest still asks about it. She had a little fire fighter hat she wore with it.

My older daughter got attached to a 79 K5. It was my daily for a while after I got T-boned in a Crossfire.

I regret selling both trucks for the girls' sake, but they like Jeep. One really likes the 64 C10 and the other likes Belle, but says the exhaust is too loud and she doesn't like to ride anymore. So, I've got some things to do...

Auto Transport Service
Back