• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think this guy has an interesting take on future collectible cars. It's not good.

They can make all the battery cars they want, but doesn't mean everyone is going to buy them. I forsee a lot if these sitting on lots. Especially with the price tags they have on them and this is only one part of one party's thinking. Time will tell. Everyone forgets 3 short years ago fuel was less than 2 bucks a gallin around here. This isn't written in stone. It's fluid. Jmho.
Totally agree here. I think it's pretty easy for the pro-EV to assume that people will go electric if they can charge their cars at home, but the truth is most people don't live in places they own (i.e. places they can install home chargers). It'd be even worse for apartment dwellers, and I can't imagine being tied to a handful of charging stations even in bigger cities. I also suspect people who can afford those expensive new cars and have the ability to install chargers at home will sour once the used market starts showing up with cars with worn out batteries. The repair costs I've seen to replace a Tesla battery have been over $10k for people who have scraped the bottoms of their cars because their engineers made the whole thing a single, non-modular part.

Last edited:
I think insurance will be the bigger thing. I can’t get political on this forum but the “black boxes” that were mandated in all cars starting 2014 MY give the insurance companies all the info about your driving habits. Some companies now give you a break if you allow them to monitor you. Who’s to say they don’t demand it. In my state Pa. You can’t get a registration without valid insurance. So eventually it will be a money thing, if they will even provide coverage.
Here at the Farm everyone just drives there is no regard for the Law and police quit enforcing the Law! Get ready as humanity is in a terrible death spiral! Just look at my state California. It IS literally the state of the walking dead! I mean there are homeless people so drugged up they become paralyzed in place. And this is what Joe Biden and Newscum wanted all along! America is the new 3 Rd World unfortunately! I won't get anymore political than that and please Vote!

I just don't see why it's got to be either or. Still have both and let people have their EV crap while still producing ICE's. I think the EV fad will die down once people start experiencing the actual cost of them and maintaining them especially with all the unforeseen problems they're bound to have. I mean it takes fuel to even mine the lithium in the first place so..
I really don't want to start having to wipe my *** with 3 seashells either.
Edit: I was just fined 10 credits for saying "***"...and another 10 for that one

dm.png

Voting is(or shall I say was)our say in how we want to be governed thereby controlling our destiny as a representative republic, but the vote will never matter again unless we return to paper balloting and precinct level counting.
Make sure your vote is made in America by you, not made in China by an algorithm.
I believe this will be the most heavily monitored election in history.
As a matter of patriotism and responsible citizenship every American regardless of which side you are on at this point should know what a packet capture is and what has been happening to our votes.
Every voter that casts a vote should demand voter integrity, take out your phone and snap a photo of your ballot, note what number ballot in your precinct you voted.
Ask the poll workers for the follow up contact to check your vote.
Get a voter receipt and follow up after the election to make sure your vote was recorded as cast.
The poll workers are volunteers from your community. Treat them with respect! They aren’t the problem, in fact, they record that you voted and in doing so validate your participation.
If your vote has been altered, a felony crime has been committed against you and at that point your local sheriff needs to get involved.
Guard that vote with your life! Others have given theirs to preserve and give you that right!

Granted this is a few years old and is concerning the UK market. The first half you have all heard before but what he says about the coming EV cars is important. He thinks most of the cool cars will dip severely when no new gas cars are available, in 2030. No gasoline cars will be allowed after 2050, therefore effectively outlawing them. When this happens prices will drop precipitously. The super rare and super expensive cars will still hold their value but as collectibles like artwork. Not being driven but just to be looked at. His advice is to get what you want and DRIVE IT! Therefore getting enjoyment rather than treating it as an investment. I can see similar laws occurring in liberal states like California.

I can see Hemi Chargers and Challengers fitting into this category but not much else in our Mopar world. Who knows, he could be wrong but it's worth thinking about. What say you?

2011 has come and gone.
I'm still waiting for Y2K to happen.

Auto Transport Service
Back