• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I thought I was asking to much for the charger.

Sold a Repop Hood scoop one time on Fabo, the mounting holes were all stripped on it but it still sold. So the guy buys it, Fixes it up, Then Trys to Resell it a few weeks later for more money then What they go for brand New. Even more money Then what a Nice original one goes for.

How does that one work?

Last edited:
Sold a Repop Hood scoop one time on Fabo, the mounting holes were all stripped on it but it still sold. So the guy buys it, Fixes it up, Then Resells it a few weeks later for more money then What they go for brand New. Even more money Then what a Nice original one goes for.

How does that one work?

In general, people are stupid. That's how. :thumbsup:

hey thanks for linking that nobody ever answered my question.
a 71 440 4 speed car with drum brakes??
is that factory??

as far as the topic goes,what if hes telling yall the Truth?
he bought this car then bought Another car in better condition?
what if his son liked the other one better??!!
i mean really,the op himself just bought 4 cars to flip,yet?
this guys a bad guy for changing his mind?
I have been finding these cars by searhing for parts to build a Roadrunner . Cars and People I've known from the past that I am reaching out to. I only want one car in the end but was willing to give some a chance to buy what is left out there. It don't matter to me what he did with the car after he bought it. But why make up a story to me just to make me feel bad . Its a father and son project? He and I know it was a bullshit story just by what he kept that he didn't include with the car. I heard the story in person so I know how and what was said. It just looks like E-bay is the way to go.

We tried to tell you about the desirability of that car.

Hey- maybe the "father and son project" was flipping the car.

Maybe I watch too much American Pickers, and have dealt with too many people over the past 40 years or so, but I really get annoyed with people who obsess with what someone else does with the stuff they sell. It's kind of at the point where the thrill of buying something awesome has been surpassed by the joy of telling someone their valued treasure is a rusty piece of crap and my saying that and heading for my car is not a bargaining move. :)

My view is I need to get what I want from selling something, and if I worry about the buyer getting more for it, or what they're going to do with it, then I obviously should remain the owner. Once I sell something, it's out of my life and no longer a concern. I'm sure I've cut folks lots of deals so they could turn around and resell for more money, but I'm also sure I've sold stuff to guys for a lot more than it's worth and they've lost money, so in the end it all balances out.

Yes, people do flip & sometime's people's personal/financial circumstances do change. But it also seems that the OP bought the car to flip & make a profit, so what's wrong with someone else doing the same?

Yes, people do flip & sometime's people's personal/financial circumstances do change. But it also seems that the OP bought the car to flip & make a profit, so what's wrong with someone else doing the same?
Exactly! The free market system at it's finest.

Seems like the OP is just a grumpy old man, pissed off that someone else sold the car for more. I read his original 2 threads on this car. He's just a pissed off at the world type of guy. Oldmanmopar, go ahead and sell your parts on Ebay. If you think people on there are better than our members, you are in for a rude awakening. I, for one, would not buy anything from you.

meh,we can all be grumpy at times,lol.

it seems more like the op was trying to call out the member over a deal already made.
and if the op gave the buyer a buncha parts that didnt get sold on ebay when the buyer decided to sell it,so what?
it just looks like a big load of butthurt over regrets about pricing.

i played the devils advocate on this topic because im fairly logical,
theres Always 2 sides to a story.

to the op,
ive sold traded given away tons of stuff over the years.
regrets? yep...but hey life goes on suck it up and carry onwards.
and btw,
punishing the rest of us forum members by not selling your stuff here?
totally uncool,imo.

flipper.jpg

Morale of the story.
Don't give cut people ANY slack just because they say it's a father and son project, Its probably just some cocksucker used car salesman wannabe lying to you. (Benefit of the doubt is reserved for criminals.)
(Personally I would have seen through that one unless the kid was present)
And apparently you should only get pissed when politicians lie to the people.

I don't feel bad for the fellow, because it sounds as though he has an inside track on mountains of barn find Mopars. (Cudas, 'runners, Chargers, probably even Omniscient and Diplomats.
But I do hate liars, especially when it's for financial gain.

ya, definitely grumpy and over reacting, 1: its a free market he can do whatever he wants with it, but 2, and most importantly: maybe he wasnt lying it says it right in the ad " have decided to sell my 1971 Dodge Charger RT that I bought a short time ago because I recently purchased another project car that I prefer to build instead."
if its a father son project im sure many of us have been there. Im building an old dodge truck with my father. in the matter of 2 weeks we bought 3 different trucks because we stumbled on a better one, and needed more parts. kept one for parts and was able to sell one for more then we paid. Big effin deal. we werent screwing over who we bought it from, we legitimately found a better project to start with and didnt need it any more. its not our fault we listed it on craigslist to reach more people then having it parked with for sale written in a paint marker on the windshield. ebay is a much larger market then one town listing on CL, or on some forum thats dedicated to one group of enthusiasts.

For me,dealing with a difference of opinion or ideology comes down to honesty or a facsimile of it. Why make a bullshit claim unless you are trying to scam someone?
If you want to buy and sell to make a few bucks, keep it to yourself. No need to make up stories, just say how you like the car and would like to buy it.
I can respect an adversary if they are an honest person. Politics are the same way. If your points are made without insults, hypocrisy or lies, I will be more likely to listen and be friendly to you.

when you buy something
isn't it your job to pay the least amount possible?
who pays more if they don't have to?
????
and when you sell something your job is the opposite?????
the seller did not do a good job here because he bought into the line of bs from a buyer.
you should never trust anyone
people are not oldschool anymore
and cheaters are rewarded in these times..
end of story

when you buy something
isn't it your job to pay the least amount possible?
who pays more if they don't have to?
????
and when you sell something your job is the opposite?????
the seller did not do a good job here because he bought into the line of bs from a buyer.
you should never trust anyone

Buy low, sell high.
That is cool. Anyone opposed to that just doesn't appreciate retail or capitalism.

when you sell something too cheap, you have nobody to blame but yourself...

Something similar happened to me. A guy I know that wanted to buy a car I had just to resale and asked if he could come and take pics of it to show his buyer. I was taking all the race parts off and was selling just the body and next thing I know it was on Ebay. He was wanting to sell the car without having to pick it up from my place and taking it to his place for whoever was going to buy it from him. Oh man, he bitched when I found out and confronted him but he finally admitted that's what he was doing. He never did have a buyer lined up. He just wanted to take pics so he could put it on Ebay and get the bidding started in hopes he could sell it from my home instead of his by the time I was finished taking it apart. It would not have been a big deal had he been up front with me from the beginning instead of lying.
You should have bid on it and won That would have messed with him, imagine the moment he realized it was you that won the auction lol ...

Auto Transport Service
Back