• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I thought I was asking to much for the charger.

oldmanmopar

Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Well I found 2 more Charger R/T's in a barn. one 71 4spd. complete I am keeping the dana. trans andt the motor, and a 70 auto no drive line where he was going to put the 71 drive line until he found it wouldn't fit .

These are not the car in the ad below. That car was auto and sold it 2 months ago

I was going to post them on this site to give some a chance at them. But I sold the green auto car on here after taking what I wanted . The buyer said he was buying it for his son to restore. He Lied.

I was on ebay searching for air grabber parts for the Roadrunner And look what I found.

Somebody got taken. I was totally up front with the buyer for this car. Looks like cars I find are going on ebay. I hate dealing with liars. Not that it would of changed anything but why Lie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Charger-RT-/332093394724?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d524f0f24:g:Qn8AAOSwnHZYfCLT&item=332093394724&nma=true&si=NNNNF8A%2BJDfrMXXJOsypyQF3atE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:
Maybe they changed their minds or something.

I noticed the auction already ended, or ended early. Was it still counting down when you posted this?

Something similar happened to me. A guy I know that wanted to buy a car I had just to resale and asked if he could come and take pics of it to show his buyer. I was taking all the race parts off and was selling just the body and next thing I know it was on Ebay. He was wanting to sell the car without having to pick it up from my place and taking it to his place for whoever was going to buy it from him. Oh man, he bitched when I found out and confronted him but he finally admitted that's what he was doing. He never did have a buyer lined up. He just wanted to take pics so he could put it on Ebay and get the bidding started in hopes he could sell it from my home instead of his by the time I was finished taking it apart. It would not have been a big deal had he been up front with me from the beginning instead of lying.

On compare it to this. I have a friend who is selling a GTX that I've liked for years, but only if he can get a good price. It's payed for and he has the space. He told me that he would take a little bit off the asking price because I'm his friend and will still let him drive it and I will take good care of it. If I turned around and sold it for a few thousand dollars more he would be mad, understandable. Now if I could line a buyer up for top price we would probably split the difference. Point is we would have been honest.

Another example. I have some farm ground that is food hunting, I'm busy in the fall and can't. A local guy I know asked if he could take his kid, I told him yes. Knowing that this guy like I do I went and checked on him. He had 4 truckloads of people from out of state, ten bird dogs, and way over his limit on pheasants. I made them leave and permanently revoked any hunting for him. Turns out he had been providing guided tours pheasant hunting to out of states. And they had been paying him. Maybe if he had offered to give me a little something....

No it sold by the member that bought it from me. He kept the six pack and the motor and trans that were extra and I gave with the car. also The cassette player was with the car. all he really did was wash the car and take more parts he wanted.

The two I just found will not be offered to any one on these sites. Not because he sold it but because he Lied to my face and on the ad. I hate liars and I find most of them on these mopar sites. Not all , But many, I usually look at the wanted ads to help those I can. Stops today. E-BAY seems the way to go.

No it sold by the member that bought it from me. He kept the six pack and the motor and trans that were extra and I gave with the car. also The cassette player was with the car. all he really did was wash the car and take more parts he wanted.

The two I just found will not be offered to any one on these sites. Not because he sold it but because he Lied to my face and on the ad. I hate liars and I find most of them on these mopar sites. Not all , But many, I usually look at the wanted ads to help those I can. Stops today. E-BAY seems the way to go.
At least post us a link to the e-bay ads. The people who are most vocal on this site are the honest ones. We are also the most interested, if just for curiosity.
Besides, it will draw more eyes, and money to your vehicles

I hate it when people are like that. It makes things difficult for the people that are honest and sincere about what they are doing.
Corrupt people are such a thorn to society.
Sorry that person lied to you. Don't give up on everybody tho.

On compare it to this. I have a friend who is selling a GTX that I've liked for years, but only if he can get a good price. It's payed for and he has the space. He told me that he would take a little bit off the asking price because I'm his friend and will still let him drive it and I will take good care of it. If I turned around and sold it for a few thousand dollars more he would be mad, understandable. Now if I could line a buyer up for top price we would probably split the difference. Point is we would have been honest.

Another example. I have some farm ground that is food hunting, I'm busy in the fall and can't. A local guy I know asked if he could take his kid, I told him yes. Knowing that this guy like I do I went and checked on him. He had 4 truckloads of people from out of state, ten bird dogs, and way over his limit on pheasants. I made them leave and permanently revoked any hunting for him. Turns out he had been providing guided tours pheasant hunting to out of states. And they had been paying him. Maybe if he had offered to give me a little something....
4 truck loads of people from out of state....man, that's pretty chicken **** but that isn't the first time I've heard of stuff like that happening. Last time I let someone use my place for anything, he over stayed his welcome a bit but he was the only one coming and I made sure he was only doing what he said he was going to do. He even offered to dosome work for me to help pay for using my place.

I thought about doing the same thing with the high ticket items. I sold one more car to this so called buddy and held my ground on the price. He actually kept it for a few years and fixed some of the things that needed fixing like the AC and interior but when he did sell it, prices jumped a bunch. Story of my life. Things seem to go up in value right after selling them lol

And on the other side of the coin. Before my Mopar i was into MGB's. A guy near me had a older B that he said needed complete restoration. I went to look at it and it was way beyond restoring, it was not rare model and was left outside uncovered for many years. I told the guy i was interested but would use it for parts on a future build i was contemplating. The guy refused to sell it to me as he wanted to see it restored and really he had no idea what was involved. As nice as i was in trying to explain he didnt want to hear it so i left.
Another guy from my car forum club bought it, had to lie to the guy and used it for parts.---
BTW what happened to B-cool and Cranky was a lousy thing

I'm confused. I had to get a cup of coffee before asking.
The Ebay car is listed as a no motor and trans auto car.
I understand you to say that the car in question (a 71) was a 4 speed which you kept the motor, transmission and Dana from.
So I must have misunderstood.
On top of that it sounds like the person you bought two cars from (a 71 and a 70) could not fit the 71 engine, transmission (4 speed) and Dana in a 70.
I don't understand that at all. What's different?

I know this is a more esoteric and debated subject, but since the person you sold the ebay car too bought it with no motor and transmission how could that car be "restored" anyway?
i.e. Without the matching engine. Just saying.

I'm hearing that the Ebay selling price of that car might cover two superbowl tickets.
Funny what people will pay for.

Last edited:
You just go your best and stay true to yourself. It's sad,but someone always tries to take advantage over somebody's generosity and truthfulness.

Oldmanmopar - I am sorry you feel you were taken advantage of by someone from this site. For the Most Part, the folks on this site are good people, and most of us have a true love for the B bodies. They are always willing to help when having issues with our cars, or anything else for that matter. I agree with BeKool - please continue to post the links to the cars you are looking to sell, it will help get the word out and quite possible more $ for what you are selling. Besides that, we like seeing the pics.

from the title of the topic and the description you post,
it seems more like you are upset that he got ten grand for it??
I thought I was asking to much for the charger.

I have decided to sell my 1971 Dodge Charger RT that I bought a short time ago because I recently purchased another project car that I prefer to build instead.

he doesnt have the right to sell the car he bought from you?
please dont get offended,im just curious if theres more to the story.

4 truck loads of people from out of state....man, that's pretty chicken **** but that isn't the first time I've heard of stuff like that happening. Last time I let someone use my place for anything, he over stayed his welcome a bit but he was the only one coming and I made sure he was only doing what he said he was going to do. He even offered to dosome work for me to help pay for using my place.

I thought about doing the same thing with the high ticket items. I sold one more car to this so called buddy and held my ground on the price. He actually kept it for a few years and fixed some of the things that needed fixing like the AC and interior but when he did sell it, prices jumped a bunch. Story of my life. Things seem to go up in value right after selling them lol
In one months time?

Last edited:
I'm confused. I had to get a cup of coffee before asking.
The Ebay car is listed as a no motor and trans auto car.
I understand you to say that the car in question (a 71) was a 4 speed which you kept the motor, transmission and Dana from.
So I must have misunderstood.
On top of that it sounds like the person you bought two cars from (a 71 and a 70) could not fit the 71 engine, transmission (4 speed) and Dana in a 70.
I don't understand that at all. What's different?

I know this is a more esoteric and debated subject, but since the person you sold the ebay car too bought it with no motor and transmission how could that car be "restored" anyway?
i.e. Without the matching engine. Just saying.

I'm hearing that the Ebay selling price of that car might cover two superbowl tickets.
Funny what people will pay for.
No . I did not strip the 71 4 spd. car or the 70 . i just found them but I am commited to a Roadrunner deal.

The Other two Chargers are coming home after I get the Roadrunner and Cuda paid and brought home.

The Charger in the ebay auction was mine and I listed it on this site. The fellow I sold it to told me he wanted it for a Father and son project.

What I did notice is the new carpet in the car. I threw the carpet out so the rust in the floor could be seen. I also left it as I found it .

I will take the 4spd. driveline from the charger that is coming home which is already out and Instead of offering them to flippers on this site . I'll just put them on ebay myself.

I get the OPs point. Some people will use the bullshit line of "Father and son project" to play on the sympathy of the seller. An honest and compassionate seller will likely not stick to a high asking price because they think that the car will be used as a bonding experience for a family.
THEN the buyer disappears with the car, never to be seen with any son fictional or otherwise.
Soon thereafter, the car pops up for sale at a price either double what the sale price was or at the least, fair market value.
The seller feels like he was taken advantage of, and rightfully so. These scammers need a punt to the cock for this type of ****.

Father and son project.
Always wanted one of these.
MY uncle had one.
Had one like it in high school.
I don't have much money.
It is going to need a full restoration.

pointed this out last month ,no one was interested :rolleyes:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/this-car-sounds-familiar.124075/
everyone is a flipper at heart , don't sell them just keep them :lol:

hey thanks for linking that nobody ever answered my question.
a 71 440 4 speed car with drum brakes??
is that factory??

as far as the topic goes,what if hes telling yall the Truth?
he bought this car then bought Another car in better condition?
what if his son liked the other one better??!!
i mean really,the op himself just bought 4 cars to flip,yet?
this guys a bad guy for changing his mind?

I get the OPs point. Some people will use the bullshit line of "Father and son project" to play on the sympathy of the seller. An honest and compassionate seller will likely not stick to a high asking price because they think that the car will be used as a bonding experience for a family.
THEN the buyer disappears with the car, never to be seen with any son fictional or otherwise.
Soon thereafter, the car pops up for sale at a price either double what the sale price was or at the least, fair market value.
The seller feels like he was taken advantage of, and rightfully so. These scammers need a punt to the cock for this type of ****.

Father and son project.
MY uncle had one.
I don't have much money.
It is going to need a full restoration.
Kick them off the sight.

Father and son project.
MY uncle had one.
I don't have much money.