• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I watched Dracula Untold and knew he was Vlad the Impaler.

SteveSS

Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
So I looked it up on Wikipedia. I'm not even going to link the article here because it's so brutal. I knew enemies of war and criminals were often killed this way. What I didn't know was the women were also killed this way (and worse) for performing infanticide or forcing themselves to have a miscarriage. Turns out that impaling was more common than you thought and was spread across a lot of countries and cultures.

I thought the movie was done pretty well. Good cinematography. Luke Evans made a good dark ages type of warrior. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 25% but that doesn't surprise me in the least. Some of my favorite moves get slammed on RT. It was supposed to start a whole series of movies from the Dark Universe Group but critics were uneven and although it made $217 m in 2014 money on a $70 m budget a Dracula Untold 2 wasn't made.

Rotten tomatoes is not a free for all third party review like it used to be. it got bought, and everything on there is manipulated, reviews erased, censored, scores changed.....
People need to pretend it doesn't exist.

Auto Transport Service
Back