• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you knew 850 CFM was good enough which would you buy?

If you knew 850 CFM was good enough which would yo buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well just pulled the trigger on the QFT Q-850 after reading about the Ultra HP it seems it is not really recommended for the street although I did like it's features. Hope you guys are right about it could got me some much needed TTI's lol

I'd go EFI if I could afford it.

Any Holley based/style type design Carburetor for performance is better IMHFO anyway... I just prefer Quickfuel brand, used them for years, I stick with what I know, works well for me... I use to use Holley HP's & Holley Dominators, before I got help from Quickfuel when I was still racing regularly & have used them on all my carbureted builds, exclusively now... Great adjustability, great parts availability & customer service.... I'm not a big fan of Edelbrock/Weber or Carter carbs "at all" really, if it's a restoration OEM look or very mild low HP street car, then maybe a Thermoquad, I'm sure there will be some that swore by them, some will argue tell they are blue in the face, I'm not one of those people... I've proved it time & again on my own stuff, cut to the chase, make it easy on yourself, to just use the Quickfuel/Holley style platform of Carbs it's superior, infinitely more user friendly & adjustable, up-to a certain level, like 1000-1200hp... But there are some guys who work wonders with them Edelbrock/Weber/Carters, they are expensive & you can count them on one hand, they rarely share their knowledge & no where near as many quality products/knowledgeable people/help or parts available to choose from... my $0.02 cents.... But than after that performance level, either dual DPs, dual Dominators or even with Vacuum secondaries or Dual Center Squirter's designed for multiple carb apps, or even Split Dominators, like what Pro-Stockers use... But for the money it's more likely mechanical fuel injection or EFI, better yet an Enderle Bug or Bird Cather hat on a tunnel ram, with multiple nozzles either EFI or Mechanical or for vintage look, Crower, Hillborn, Enderle, Fowler, Waterman, Pete Jackson etc. type port injection, if I need more than 1000-1300cfm carbs, as long as rules permitting... If your even worried about that sort of thing... Most any of the Holley HP, AEM, Proform, Pro-Maxx, Quickfuel, Carb-shop, Pro Systems, etc... will all be ok too...

Well just pulled the trigger on the QFT Q-850 after reading about the Ultra HP it seems it is not really recommended for the street although I did like it's features. Hope you guys are right about it could got me some much needed TTI's lol

I run that on the street with zero issues.

I like a spread bore.
I’m a heretic. I run junkyard Q Jets.
Unfortunately, you have to get there as soon as the cars hit the ground to get them for 20 dollars.
Seems like now they aren’t even making it to the lot on the Caddies.

I am running a pair of 770 quick fuel carbs, vacuum secondaries with annualar boosters on the primaries and downlegs on the secondaries. 572 StageV hemi and racepumps 2000 fuel pump and bypass regulator. The low vacuum will like the annular boosters in the lower rpm ranges until the secondaries kick in....Tim

I had a Davinci 950 that I really liked, it was square bore, and I Liked my Quick fuel and Holly. Ran them all on my 422 stroker.

I've got a couple of Holleys Street HP carbs on my rides. Great all round carb, very tuneable.

I use your basic Holley 850 DP on my 493 and it works very good for me. Ron

Oh yeah, I ran a Bigs Performance carb on my 422 and that worked very well. They tune it to your spec's and then you can run it out of the box.

I had great luck with holley hp and I like the look of the black ultra if it was my non driver track only or not used much street use car Id go holley ultra hp

I had great luck with holley hp and I like the look of the black ultra if it was my non driver track only or not used much street use car Id go holley ultra hp

Thanks for bringing this back, I may need to re-think my existing 4781-2 in the near future.

Auto Transport Service
Back