• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition light

Bird 426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Can someone tell me on a '69 Road Runner, I have a hole above the ignition switch, anyone know about this light? Least I figure it's for a light. Must be a metal casing twist in bulb? Go through a relay somewhere, probably a momentary light just for key into ignition?
I have looked through my FSM and can not find it, well, in accy I found one for a Dart, didn't think the Dart even had one in '69.

20231125_191155.jpg

You are correct. It is for a courtesy ignition lamp, it is retained by the lock cylinder and sandwiches in between the dash and the lock cylinder.

Okay, confirmed. Now I need to find all of it!
Thank you.!

Update, went down to place an ad to look for this courtesy light and relay or timer and saw another post. It had a picture of the relay, I remembered seeing one when I was digging around with a mirror to look at the socket for the lamp. The whole thing is there , but not plugged in. The lamp was hiding behind a loom. So I have all of it! This is great!
Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back