• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition pigtail under dash???

73Runner4spd

Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, last year I was running a power wire for my stereo down under the dash above my pedals, I noticed a pigtail connector that goes from the steering column to wiring harness. It actually prevented me from being able start my vehicle, so I bypassed it with a push button start (cheap way) and electrical tape to hold the pigtail together. It is really starting to give me issues now, does anyone know what it is called so I can order one? Its flat with a single row of maybe ten or twelve wires going through it. I checked the 2 or 3 steering columns out of various parts cars and they were all burnt in the same area. Its irritating. It is a 73 b body btw. Thanks guys, hope to here from ya soon!

There are two harnesses that run up to the steering column, one is the ignition switch harness, its the one with the bigger gauge wires, the other is the turn signal harness. both available from Year One and are exact match.
steering column harnesses.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back