• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm crying...

I understand the way you feel, I lost my Lovebird Tweety that I captured outdoors and had him for over 13 years, My dog Reba who was about 14 years old and my Mother who was 82. Lost them all this year and it is very hard to deal with all of it at once. I take every loss very hard all family......

Sorry for your loss. Been there and the last one was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Still hurting from losing my boy this Fall. Time heals, but slowly.

My Aunt got a cat years ago. It was an orange street cat who decided to move into her house and he wouldn't leave. My aunt outlived all of her friends and relatives of her time, but that cat was there for her.
When I would visit, that cat would snuggle with me the whole time I was there, though I always got the impression he thought I stunk like a dog.
Got a call from my uncle at 9pm. Rita wasn't answering the phone, would I go over there. So I loaded up and I went over and I was just about to knock when I looked through the window and I could see that big old orange cat on the arm of her La-Z-Boy, her petting him and they were watching TV. Phone was off the hook.
That stray cat became such good company for her. His head and shoulders were a mass of lumps from street fighting scars, but once in her house, he never wanted to go out again. He would look outside and even go out on the back porch with her, but he had no interest in the outdoors any more.
He was a true friend to her.

My last pup got used to the shop real quick:
P1010024-1.jpeg

Sorry to hear. We treat all of our pets like family.. Take Care

Always a helluva tough decision for sure! You were BLESSED to be ZOE'S HUMAN for 13 years, you WILL be fine with her memories as part of you & the family.

No need to be ashamed of, most of the guys here own a dog or a cat, believe us when we know your grief, our pets are family and some of them they hurt more then a relative, please when you feel ready do not deny your home and your heart to a very need pet in adoption, when is her time to go, I know I'll cry like a little baby, she's 9 yo and I hope for another 9.she is one of the best things in my life truly my best friend.

IMG-20211226-WA0006.jpg IMG_20201207_140106.jpg IMG_20210423_094001.jpg

Last edited:
This is Snow. An old cat that my son agreed to take from a girl he liked 4 years ago. She dumped the cat on him. It looked as if the cat was going to kick the bucket any minute. Though the cat doesn't hear well, It now can run and it's meow is getting louder. It has been confirmed that she will turn 22 years old this spring. And I swear the cat seems to be getting younger?

How long do these freaking things live?

20211229_031616.jpg

This is Snow. An old cat that my son agreed to take from a girl he liked 4 years ago. She dumped the cat on him. It looked as if the cat was going to kick the bucket any minute. Though the cat doesn't hear well, It now can run and it's meow is getting louder. It has been confirmed that she will turn 22 years old this spring. And I swear the cat seems to be getting younger?

How long do these freaking things live?

View attachment 1214387
I can only wish my Zoe would have lived to be 22. :(

I think around 16 is typical age for housecat. 22 is quite old, although there are some record breaking cats that have lived into their 30s.

This is my sweet Bella.
20211228_092725.jpg

All 6 lbs of her. She'll be 17 this spring. Feeling more of her bones every day but she still jumps, plays, eats and uses her box just like always. Cared for a bunch of them over the years, all recues or strays.
My wife likes to remind me that when we got Bella I said that she was not long for this world, she was named "Larva" by the shelter as she was being eaten alive by maggots when found.
Sorry for your loss Hawk. Zoe's spirit lives on inside another that is searching for you right now!

...if this makes me less of a man, then so be it.

It's amazing how pets worm their way into our hearts. They devote their whole life to us, and provide us with unconditional devotion and companionship.

This afternoon we had to put down our little munchkin, Zoe, who didn't even tip the scales at 7.5 lbs. But the amount of spunk, fun and love that filled that little cat was immeasurable. She developed a fast growing cancerous tumor in her jaw that was basically inoperable. Rather than try a bunch of painful treatments that would likely not help, we made the painful decision to put her to sleep today.

I know we made the right decision but damn it hurts.

Thank you Zoe for 13 wonderful years...
View attachment 1213862

No need AT ALL to be ashamed about telling us this Hawk, all of us here who have pets I'm sure went through what you're going through including me. I went through it with my 15 year old cat Grain a gray tabby back in March this year, and I too cried when she was gone. She had cancer and it didn't really make sense to us to put her through the operation and risk her not making the operation, and the chemo at her age for it to possibly come back. So we decided to have her live her life until it was her time, and about 2 weeks later it was unfortunately her time. She did not eat one night and did not eat the next morning and then we knew it was her time. She ONLY weighed 4 pounds when we put her to sleep. We now have her in an urne in the house. She meant everything to me, she was my best friend.

We were going to look at more cats back in June/July and I just was not ready for another cat yet at the time. Come September I was kind of ready and we got 2 new cats.

I'm very sorry for your loss Hawk, you and your family have my and my families condolences. It hurts yes but she will never be forgotten, keep your head up and keep the faith you will be reunited!!

:praying::thumbsup:

Here here to Zoe and my cat Grain!....:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back