• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm stumped...help with US Car Tools K-Frame engine/transmission dolly

MrJLR

Jeff
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
I tried everything.....I searched the internet for hours....

I have the US Car Tools K-Frame engine and transmission stand/dolly and the Alterkation square tubular K-Frame. Also have the adapters from US Car Tools for the Alterkation suspension.

I'm trying to get the suspension on the dolly to drop it out.

For the life of me I don't understand how it attaches. The adapters are VERY loose fitting to the K-Frame.

I just don't get it.....here's some pictures.

Adapter...

20221126_145807-jpg.jpg

20221126_145814-jpg.jpg

20221126_145832-jpg.jpg

Front support...don't understand it's use...!

20221126_145858-jpg.jpg

See how much of a gap there is....I doubt it's "wrong", I just don't get it...

20221126_150009-jpg.jpg

Anybody ever done or have a picture or anything?

Jeff

I don't understand what difference it makes, but it's a 68 Barracuda. .....

The interior is black

Jeff
In case, when I was searching it up in another forum if the car made a difference. You’re right a K frame is a K frame.

Their website shows the adapters rotated 90 degrees

You will receive two (2) adapters and they mount on the top of the K-frame stand uprights, this permits any square or round tube member of the aftermarket K-frame to be supported by the USCT Motorsports K-frame stand.

1669522166026.png

Where you have the stand is out by the sway bar mounts it looks like.

I did find this picture and the stand is further back than you have.
And maybe then the front support is adjusted to catch the front cross bar of the K member ?

1669522844673.png

Maybe a call to them would help as I am totally guessing.

Thanks guys. ...honestly

And when I do get this figured out, I will absolutely let you know the secret. .....

Lol.....I thought this part of my build was one of the easy parts.....

Jeff

You could line that adapter with some thick rubber to shrink it and protect your K-frame paint?
Mike

The front support is for a stock k member. But possibly would work for yours? Maybe slide the whole thing back and re adjust. Need better pics of what you're doing
20221020_222553.jpg

The front support is for a stock k member. But possibly would work for yours? Maybe slide the whole thing back and re adjust. Need better pics of what you're doing View attachment 1379124
There's tons of great pictures of it with the stock suspension. ...nothing for using the adapters with the Alterkation setup....

When I get it worked out, I'm going to send pictures of it to US Car Tools for their website.

Save the next poor soul this headache!

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back