• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian head on intake gasket?

ChryslerKid

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I am installing the intake on a 360 magnum, and I was curious if anybody here uses indian head shellac to help seal intake gaskets. Im not sure if it will stand up to heat well. Would I be better off installing them dry?

It isn’t going to hurt. I used spray on the last ones I did.

All I've ever used, Aviation gasket sealer actually (same stuff), for 40+ years putting the odd engine back together. Have never had a coolant or vacuum leak.

Only leake I've ever had with it is on T Stat housing.

Personally I don't care for that stuff. But that's just me....I don't like the 'adhesives'. I want something that is easy to apply, and easy to remove....and that has some 'body' to it for any surface imperfections.
I prefer Hylomar (the blue stuff) on intake gaskets.

Hey guys I am installing the intake on a 360 magnum, and I was curious if anybody here uses indian head shellac to help seal intake gaskets. Im not sure if it will stand up to heat well. Would I be better off installing them dry?
Spray or the sticky brown stuff in the little jar?

360 magnum does not need any sealer on the gaskets at all. maybe just a dab of silicone at the corners where the head meets the block at the end rails. Ive installed many . Never used any sealer. None from the factory . It wont hurt but it is wasted time and motion.

Auto Transport Service
Back