• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

info on new challenger

I love the car, I just wish they would change the platform and dump about 500lbs off of the car. It would then be extremely competitive with the Mustang and dump on the Camaro. The engines are awesome and the looks are great. The price is not so great. For 50k you could make a killer E-body, and it could be totally brand new. http://www.dynacornbodies.com/body-shells/challenger.php

you're 100% right. it would eat the slomaro and rustang alive and have an eye towards the Z06.

there's gotta be a way to lighten it without completely stripping it...the horsepower is there already, and there's at least another 50-60hp you can squeeze out of it without puttin' a lot of $$ into it me thinks.

Here's mine. Its a 2010 R/T mods are, a cold air intake, Hurst short throw shifter, hood struts and the strobe stripes. Bought it used w/ 22k on it and saved 13K off sticker for an 18 mo. old car. The SRT's are bad ***, but too much coin for me.

Attachments

• DSC00120 (Large).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 204
  • rear pass quarter shot wet (Medium).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN4984 (Large).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 207
I agree Mar! These cars are so great looking and who wouldn't want one.. I knew they were heavy, i didn't realize that they are more so then the Camaro and Mustang..

I agree Mar! These cars are so great looking and who wouldn't want one.. I knew they were heavy, i didn't realize that they are more so then the Camaro and Mustang..

they are beautiful cars, Ron.

even my chebby and furd friends say that the Chally is the baddest looking and the truest to the original of the new generation pony cars.

something i can finally agree with these guys about!!! lol

Attachments

• 2008-dodge-challenger-srt8-1970.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 192
pretty damn sweet, Dickie! :iamwithstupid:

you add any "goodies" to it?

I mostly did cosmetic stuff; changed the exhaust, added a short throw shifter (with pistol grip), added the shaker hood, & I just recently changed the "classic" wheels (that look like Cragers) to the SRT wheels you see in the photo.

09 tracpac car. After hop-not, I'm going with the Edelbrock e-force blower. 505at the crank. Just right for street.

cuda & chally

2014 is when they are coming out with the supercharged hemi cuda with a whole new lighter platform. they say if the challenger sales are there they will build another with this lighter platform. the other two brands are supercharged, just wait til the hemi srt8 is supercharged...can you say get out the way:headbang:

The price for the Dyno challenger does include the font clip or hood, plus shipping.
You'll have $20k in it before you even start on the body and paint, and buying the suspension, wheels & tires, brake systems, wiring, interior. Engine, transmission, glass, window regulators. rubber, gas tank, etc

50k doesn't sound so high now for a brand new turn key car with a warranty.

Unless you can or have a donor car available, it will nickel and dime you to death building it.

is there a difference between the years , like known problems with the hemi engines ,etc. just wanted to know which to watch for ,the 08 -12:eusa_think:

I say go with the Mopar10 edition, they are numbered cars straight from Mopar and are bad ***! You do not see these for sale too often. I know they only made a few of the hurst edition as well, but that black and blue is sick. You get all of the Mopar goodies as well. I have a Mopar11 charger and love it!

Here's my Mopar11

Attachments

• photoD.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 194
  • bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 200
I think the blue stripe 10 is a nicer looking than the red stripe

Here's Mine...

It's an 09 R/T. we changed the wheels, put the SRT spring & shocks on it and had the striping painted on to give it a little flash...

And it's just like RC said, very comfortable, fast, looks really cool and gets 25MPG on the road. That's what we got when we drove ours home from Omaha on its test drive!

Jeff

Attachments

• GTX-JCW.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 191
Nothing Major

Just the typical stuff. I have had no problems with my '09. You do need to know that the '08s are only automatic, and 1 model only, the SRT. It is a numbered series of 6400 I believe.

Jeff

is there a difference between the years , like known problems with the hemi engines ,etc. just wanted to know which to watch for ,the 08 -12:eusa_think:

Nice car Richard!
MarPar...you only live once
And when you die, it's too late to buy.
Then: "You wont be down for breakfast"

The price for the Dyno challenger does include the font clip or hood, plus shipping.
You'll have $20k in it before you even start on the body and paint, and buying the suspension, wheels & tires, brake systems, wiring, interior. Engine, transmission, glass, window regulators. rubber, gas tank, etc

50k doesn't sound so high now for a brand new turn key car with a warranty.

Unless you can or have a donor car available, it will nickel and dime you to death building it.

You are right, I also just read that they never put the body's up for sale due to fitment issues.

Some day I want an E-Body. Even if it is a base model. I can always look for a wrecked SRT and steal the engine!

Auto Transport Service
Back