• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ingrown toe nail fixed !

It may grow back someday, but for now its 100 % better :D
Big swap meet in lincoln ne. March 6, I will be ready now.:drinks:

they will grow back unless your foot dr puts some of the stuff on it. i had same deal, in grown/infected. had nail removed and she asked if i wanted it to grow back, i said no. she had some stuff that kills the nail. 1 yr no nail. get them feet taken care of.

Took my son to get one fixed. A guy exited the back room and walked past I never saw his face. The secretary says Mr. Gerard your next appointment is in a month. He turns around and its Gil Gerard. Buck Mfin Rogers himself. Pretty cool. And my sons toe is in good shape now. He was 16 when we had it repaired.

if you keep your toes where they don't belong life will be good! 2 in the pink and that other nail is fubared!

F5091C1A-FDD0-4B1B-99C0-B0A3E16A68D0.jpeg

What an odd thread to find on a Car board....but how fitting :)

In my family we have a hereditary issue with ingrown toe nails. My father had his removed when he was a late teen early 20s...not all the nail, but they killed the growth portion back alone where the outside of the nail would grow.

I have had them my entire life, and the Dr always asks me if they bother me. I tell him nope, not ever. Best guess is because they grew that way it deadened the nerves and they are tough. He always squeeze my toes from the side, kind of pinches them in an effort to see if it bothers me. It literally doesnt bother me at all. He just tells me to keep an eye on them, and if they become too sore or if they bleed (they havent done that my entire adult life) to come in and most likely will need a few removed. I tell him that sounds awful, and I hope it doesnt come to that.

However one big toe and I are fighting some of that old man type fungus :) really started putting some expensive remedy on it, and hopefully starts taking care of it. I read somewhere, and I am sure its some whack-a-doo hokey pokey stuff - but said issues from your lumbar region and blood flow create some issues with your toe fungus...... I had lumbar fusion when I was 14 in 1989....so I always wonder a little bit. But I know (think) mine was from breaking the nail in tactical training a while back. Plus I love carbs....as my waistline suggests

I used to get ingrown nails on the big toes while in service. During boot camp they really caused me a lot of discomfort with all the running.

Later at a duty station I had one that got so bad I finally went to see the Dr on base about it. There was a corpsman there helping him. He looked at the toe nail, grabbed a cutter and a pliers and said "this might hurt a bit".

He then took the cutter and cut straight down the center of the toe nail, all the way to the cuticle. Grabbed the bad half with the pliers and tore it off. (no pain killer of any kind administered)

The corpsman went down on one knee just watching. I was frankly too shocked to even react. I can still see him tearing that half off. What fun!

I had trouble with an ingrown nail on one of my big toes 40 years ago. When I went to the dr, he removed a narrow section of the edge whole nail all the way down to, what he called, the root. It never grew back, so that nail is just a bit narrower than my other big toe. I've had trouble with it recently, though. I think it's due to fungus with that nail. I put some over the counter crap from a pharmacy on it every day for weeks in the fall and that didn't work worth a damn. In fact, if anything, I think it's worse. My wife heard soaking it in vinegar works for fungus. I may try that soon.

Its my understanding over the counter creams wont work on nail fungus. You need a script for oral meds to get it from inside.

When I was around 13 and playing in a Basket ball league, I got in grown to nails on both big toes.
General doctor trimmed the back a few times over the years and they would grow back.
When I was around 17, finally went to a podiatrist (foot doctor) who know alot more than the general doctor.
He was able to trim back and fix my left toenail, but the right toenail was so messed up, it was fully removed and it does not grow back.
Moral, see a Doctor that specialize in the problem area.

Auto Transport Service
Back