• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inland Shifter Identification .

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
Anybody know what the shifter on the left is from? Before anyone says too much about that brand of shifter. If I remember correctly, a Gentleman by the name of Mr. Sox himself one championships with one.

0120BBFB-D223-402F-A5A5-BBFAC85A19EC.jpeg

A Body 67 console, I believe.

A Body 67 console, I believe.
Thank you, I expected something like that. Contemplating putting the original, in and not using the Hurst that was in the car. Now I have 2 A body ones to find a home for.
When the car is finished it will make a few street legal runs.

Interesting story I have on the inland shifter. My first new car 67 Satellite 383 4-speed had the B body console inland shifter. All my friends were changing to Hurst shifters in their cars. I couldn't afford one, so I learned to shift and got good enough with it that I no longer wanted a Hurst for that car.

I'd say someone bent it to get it over closer to their knee. The only thing I actually don't like about my inland is the reach.

Anybody know what the shifter on the left is from? Before anyone says too much about that brand of shifter. If I remember correctly, a Gentleman by the name of Mr. Sox himself one championships with one.

View attachment 1454659
I think the Inland shifter first appeared with the 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner. I never owbed one but drove a friend's RR with one....it operated extremely vaguely especially shifting from 2nd to 3rd under acceleration and down shifting from 4th to 2nd and shifting from any gear to reverse. If Ronny Sox used one it must have been modified because he shifted the Hemi Barracuda 4 speed faster than a 727B Torque Flite trans vould shift......
BOB RENTON

I think the Inland shifter first appeared with the 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner. I never owbed one but drove a friend's RR with one....it operated extremely vaguely especially shifting from 2nd to 3rd under acceleration and down shifting from 4th to 2nd and shifting from any gear to reverse. If Ronny Sox used one it must have been modified because he shifted the Hemi Barracuda 4 speed faster than a 727B Torque Flite trans vould shift......
BOB RENTON
The inland dis- appeared in the middle of the 68 production year.

Auto Transport Service
Back