• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inline tube emergency brake cable connection for my 70

DLevel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Trying to install new emergency brake cable onto the foot brake assembly on my 70 superbee and it's not going good. The cable end is of a hex design instead of round, shorter and larger in diameter than the original. First I thought that if I modified the clamp that holds the cable end that my problem would be solved. Not the case. Because the part of the cable end that the clamp pinches down on to hold it in place is shorter, the clamp only catches about half of it. Has anyone else run into this problem or is this like most aftermarket parts, they need modified or just don't fit like the original ? 20141225_155200.jpg

I had the same problem recently. I ended up pulling the black spring clip off the end of the cable then using the stock clamp to clamp around the end of the cable, it holds the cable that way pretty well. Will try to post a pic later.

Auto Transport Service
Back