• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inline tube fuel lines

1967 satellite

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to install the 2-piece fuel lines from Inline Tube and am having a hard time figuring out how it goes. It sounds and looks so simple but I must be missing something.
The car is a 67 Plymouth Satellite with a 383 engine - Edelbrock/Weber carb. Can anyone send me a picture on how this setup goes with an inline fuel line filter.
Attached is a picture of the fuel lines I received. Many thanks.

20240319_151057.jpg

Small one goes on the pump. (If your pump isn't original it may not go...)
Filter is behind the alternator.
1710880186820.png

Small one goes on the pump. (If your pump isn't original it may not go...)
Filter is behind the alternator.
View attachment 1631404
The line going to the carb, I got. It's the one from the fuel pump to the carb line that's the problem. The carb line goes down next to the block but my fuel pump line extends out beyond the alternator bracket.

20240319_154036.jpg

20240319_154028.jpg

20190627_201802.jpg

Your application may be different since this has a vapor return.

It's made wrong. I used their top line, but my bottom one also stuck out to far. Luckily I had an original, so everything is in place.

I just called inline tube and explained the problem to their tech support. They said the tubes are bent to the exact factory specs and are correct. There is nothing they can do but if I want to return them I could. You would think they would at least investigate this more. Anyways I am going to cut and re-bend the lower tube as needed to make it work. Kind of sucks that I need to do this especially what they charge for this item. Anyways will see what happens. Thanks everyone that responded.

Here is another question on the same line. Does anyone know what size fitting I need to attach the tube to the carb? Mine had a barb fitting and hose.. I thing it's a 5/8"-20 male and 3/8" female. Can anyone verify this?

These are the ones i used for mine.. took bout 5 mins to make that lower tube (make a form with a coat hanger first.. i didn't and it could be better..) I assume you are using 5/16

Fittings

My lower one looks nothing like that. So I took the one I received and made it work. It looks pretty close to your pic.. Thanks

Here is another question on the same line. Does anyone know what size fitting I need to attach the tube to the carb? Mine had a barb fitting and hose.. I thing it's a 5/8"-20 male and 3/8" female. Can anyone verify this?
someone posted a link for the correct carb/fuel line fitting yesterday and I can't find it. Could whoever it was please post it again. THANKS

I'm 15min. from Inline. I haven't purchased a thing from them, in many years. ***-hats.

Auto Transport Service
Back