• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insane parts prices!

Sad thing is on the 1 year only stuff they kill you on it. Not to many people are going to be able to afford this hobby. The 70 charger will be my last car because when Im done I will be broke.
On the other side being rare and low production means not many buyers either. He can keep them. When he is gone they will be sold for 50 cents a pound.

I am sure glad that all the parts I have listed for sale are below retail and I still can't find any buyers. LOL

Tom

Yep, just witnessed it myself yesterday at an all Mopar swap meet. Many of these guys are just nuts. This hobby is just getting priced right out of the next Generation to enjoy it. No one will even budge off of their prices either.
This is how I feel. I’m 34, and I can barely afford to bring my ratty A body to running status. I can’t imagine trying to build a BBody in todays market.

Welcome to the 2nd Gen Charger Prices 3rd Gen owners. We’ve been dealing with stupid prices for years.

Anyone see the 6k 71 Charger R/T doors in the parts section? Or the 3k rear bumper with R/T lights! I'm sure glad I already have them! Holy smokes!
This isn't exactly new. There's a guy not too far from me that used to buy cheap and then sell really high even back in the late 70's. He was sneaky about it too once he because better known. He would send a 'good buddy' out to low ball you then once the deal was done, they both would come over to get whatever 'they' just bought. Well, even more people found out how he dealt with people and they would raise they're prices when he or his buddy showed up. They would even talk how big of a piece of crap you had and how it was going to take too much money to restore it or even part it out and have the money in their hand to help entice you.

None in Nevada yet that I know of.
Here's a quick Google search....I don't know "where" in Nevada you are, so the search term was "farm supply stores Nevada"
Nevada.jpg

Vegas area. Maybe now, last time I was in AZ I asked about Nevada they said nope.

The TSC stores around here in Ontario changed to Peavey Mart. I feel the things they sell got more expensive with the change. I hardly go there any more.

This is how I feel. I’m 34, and I can barely afford to bring my ratty A body to running status. I can’t imagine trying to build a BBody in todays market.
hang in there,1 piece at a time. Im 57 and this is my 1st semi restoration and last.

That '70 Charger 500 taillight trim panel is one example of a seller that was out of touch. $600 for a piece that needs to be straightened and painted.
Yes, it is a one year only part that is not reproduced. I get that but Apparently the market decided that the pricing was too high because the seller reduces the price to a point where someone stepped up.
Commentary is frowned upon in sales ads but Christ....I am SO tempted to respond to those ads to set the seller straight. It takes a huge amount of self restraint to avoid responding.

hang in there,1 piece at a time. Im 57 and this is my 1st semi restoration and last.
I heard Jay Leno one time sate "if your making money restoring cars your doing it wrong". I have done several as I call them "rescues". Cars that needed desperate help to make them run and drive safely. Or just get them back on the road. There is money in doing that all be it very little.

Doing a full or even partial restoration is a money looser for all but the professional restorer. He can sell his service to someone willing to pay $150000 to have a finished car worth $95000. I just don't see it.

Yep Thats why Im doing most of the work myself,and I have some great friends helping. Scary how fast you can go threw money.

That '70 Charger 500 taillight trim panel is one example of a seller that was out of touch. $600 for a piece that needs to be straightened and painted.
Yes, it is a one year only part that is not reproduced. I get that but Apparently the market decided that the pricing was too high because the seller reduces the price to a point where someone stepped up.
Commentary is frowned upon in sales ads but Christ....I am SO tempted to respond to those ads to set the seller straight. It takes a huge amount of self restraint to avoid responding.
that's when you send the "is this still available" message and reply "not surprised"

Yesterday my neighbor went to Auto Zone for type F transmission fluid. $8.99 a quart...

Chargervert, can you clear some of your private box? Have a question.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back