• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing a new Carpet any tips or tricks?..1970 Plymouth Satellite auto

ny suggestions are appreciated.
1. Make sure your car has no water leakage before starting the job,

2. Clean the floor-pan thoroughly before installing the new carpet.

3. Take your time, and do not rush the job.

4. Report back when done with pictures. :thumbsup:

Hey wanted to give an update. I got the carpet left it out for a couple days then noticed that the backing/pad on the rear section is bunched up. I would have to pull it and glue it back or just leave it unattached. I called the company which is actually OC carpets (ACC) https://www.ocautocarpets.com/?gcli...Pg2xS-hwJ1OFxLODmNxYJv5Qyos3X_esaAkrpEALw_wcB

they stated that i could keep it and they would give me a $25 dollar credit or i could send it back. I asked for a $50 dollar refund because they sent me a defective product. Thinking that shipping back and forth would take two weeks at least. They refused but they would take it back and fix the issue.

i'm just going to keep it and fix it my self but this is bad customer service in my opinion if i wasn't pressed for time i would send the whole thing back.

it pissed me off that they would rather pay shipping back and forth and time fixing it then rather give me $50 for a defective product they shipped in the first place.

don't order from here ....it took 3 days to get a response from them alone.

unnamed.jpg

Hey wanted to give an update. I got the carpet left it out for a couple days then noticed that the backing/pad on the rear section is bunched up. I would have to pull it and glue it back or just leave it unattached. I called the company which is actually OC carpets (ACC) https://www.ocautocarpets.com/?gcli...Pg2xS-hwJ1OFxLODmNxYJv5Qyos3X_esaAkrpEALw_wcB

they stated that i could keep it and they would give me a $25 dollar credit or i could send it back. I asked for a $50 dollar refund because they sent me a defective product. Thinking that shipping back and forth would take two weeks at least. They refused but they would take it back and fix the issue.

i'm just going to keep it and fix it my self but this is bad customer service in my opinion if i wasn't pressed for time i would send the whole thing back.

it pissed me off that they would rather pay shipping back and forth and time fixing it then rather give me $50 for a defective product they shipped in the first place.

don't order from here ....it took 3 days to get a response from them alone.

View attachment 1082073
ACC is the manufacturer. OC Auto Carpets is just a drop ship seller. (You should have bought from Rock Auto. They're the cheapest online.)
Did you call ACC directly or OC Carpet?

When I replaced this nasty rag in my Barracuda, I cut a couple holes at the corners of this old heel pad and matched it up to the new heel pad to make a hole for the high beam switch. That helped me position my front carpet. I had about 3" over on the sides and firewall to trim.

upload_2021-3-11_18-16-25.png

The new molded carpet was distorted from residing in a box too long I guess.
I unleashed the heavies for a couple days to help tame it a bit before trying to install the seats..........

upload_2021-3-11_18-25-26.png

Holes for the seat studs were made with a soldering gun from under with a water spray bottle at the ready JIC.

Auto Transport Service
Back