• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

installing bolt in shifter handle in push in box

That's what I did with mine, might be why it was difficult to push in, but I drilled 2 holes and bolted it in.
:thumbsup:
I have done 4 speed cars for decades but getting the right box and handle was easy. Now stupid $ for everything. I can see why I can't drill and use the push in box. It shorten the handle by what 1 1/2 inches maybe. Glad it worked for you!!!!!

instead of messing up the 70' only assembly, why not just get an assembly that accepts bolt in handles ?
you can get a good bit of $$$ for a 70 only assembly....

Think most of the Hurst Super Shifter II assemblies will work with a bolt in handle.

just my thinking.

instead of messing up the 70' only assembly, why not just get an assembly that accepts bolt in handles ?
you can get a good bit of $$$ for a 70 only assembly....

Think most of the Hurst Super Shifter II assemblies will work with a bolt in handle.

just my thinking.
It is an A/B box and I don't think it is hardly one year. But I understand the idea!!!!!

$19.95 for the bolt in stick bottom
$9.95 for the bolt in stick bottom stiffener plate and bolts

Plus your time to gut your shifter mechanism and replace the push in stick bottom with bolt in style. Hell, maybe Brewers would even buy your push in stick bottom. I see they sell that refurb part for $89.95.

I ran across the same hurdle recently……called Brewers, they sent me out a couple pieces to convert my existing shift mechanism, took 10 min and maybe cost $30. Much easier then drilling your old one if you ask me.

Auto Transport Service
Back