• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument Lights not working, need some help please

greenrun

Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a 1970 Plymouth Satellite. The instrument lights aren't working, and I have replaced the 3 amp fuse. But, it didn't solve the problem. The other issue that is happening with it, however, is that the instrument/dashboard blinker lights are always on when I turn the headlight switch on. When I use the blinkers with the headlights on, the turn signal indicator is still working. But, the other side of the signal indicator stays on. to add, I have replaced all bulbs on the taillight, as well as the bulbs on parking lamps.

I can't go cruising with no instrument lights, If anyone can please help me as soon as possible, because I'd like to get back on the road.

Thanks!

Sure does.....cluster ground. Most of us "agree" that you should install a ground wire on the cluster and bolt it to the dash frame or column mount.

Do other dimmer controlled dash lights work, the radio, heater, shift quadrant, etc?

Yup, check dimmer. Garmin will show roadspeed in the meantime.

Thank you all for your help. I checked dimmer switch with another I had , same problem existed. So I bit the bullet and too the cluster out. When going to disconnect the harness from the circuit board I saw two pins broke. They were Orange wire & Violet wire, the orange is for the instrument lights , the violet wire is for the Temp Gage which also goes to the fuel gage. I soldered the pins back on, polished the front lens & added a clock that I had. It all works beautiful. Took the car for a cruise, and did some righteous burnouts to celebrate. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again thanks for all the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back