• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake help

Davek73

Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some advice for intakes. I have a 68 383 rebuilt w/ mild cam, 750 holley double pumper, Pertronics dist. and coil, headers, 727 (don't know stall) 3:55 suregrip posi in a 73 Charger. Currently have a old holley single plane hi-rise intake and now looking for a new intake with little more low to mid range power/torque. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Dave

The edelbrock Performer RPM is a really great dual-plane that gives you the best of both worlds.

Thanks guy's i looked into those. There are two different ones. The taller of the two would be best? I have a hood that came off a 71 Bee so clearance would not be a issue for me. Everything is done now (for the time being) including interior except body/paint. It has a white vinyl top (full) so i am going w/B5 blue with white 71 stripes. It was a 318 auto column car now BB console. Gonna pull the motor clean up the engine bay then on to finish i hope by end of summer. Owned the car for 15 years it's time to get it done.

Theres 2? Really? Or is it one for the 440 and one for the 383?

Ya i looked them up Part #'s 2186 and 7186 i believe they are both rpm performers and both fit 383's. The 7186 is taller than the 2186 and a bit different style. Which to go with?

Is one an "air gap"?

Another good option would be a used Edelbrock DP4B.

Once again thanks to all of you. The video was great!! I am going with the RPM "Air Gap" until i get tired of what im running and want MORE GIDDY-UP!!!!!

Is one an "air gap"?

Once again thanks to all of you. The video was great!! I am going with the RPM "Air Gap" until i get tired of what im running and want MORE GIDDY-UP!!!!!

The Chrysler big block intakes were designed in the 50's as an intake with what is now called by Edelbrock, an "AIR-GAP."

Edelbrock does not make an "Air-Gap" intake for big block Chryslers.

intake

After more research you are right. They do make 2 to fit my 383 that i have it narrowed down to. Different power bands. one is idle to 5500 the other is 1500 to 6500. I am leaning toward the second one. I have owned this car 15 years and time to get it done. I'm 55 and been a long time since i have been in "the loop". Wife, kids, house, college, grandkids etc. my turn.. had many cool cars in the past but not a Mopar. 69 Chevelle SS, 66 Impala SS, 70 Nova SS, V8 Vega, 63 Corvette split window, 78 Z-28, 73 Z-28 AND of course the Chevy van w/the bed in the back!!!!!!!! Thanks again

Looking for low and mid-range ????

Ultimate tuned intake. Will intimidate anybody that does not know what they are.

P8120092.jpg

After more research you are right. They do make 2 to fit my 383 that i have it narrowed down to. Different power bands. one is idle to 5500 the other is 1500 to 6500. I am leaning toward the second one. I have owned this car 15 years and time to get it done. I'm 55 and been a long time since i have been in "the loop". Wife, kids, house, college, grandkids etc. my turn.. had many cool cars in the past but not a Mopar. 69 Chevelle SS, 66 Impala SS, 70 Nova SS, V8 Vega, 63 Corvette split window, 78 Z-28, 73 Z-28 AND of course the Chevy van w/the bed in the back!!!!!!!! Thanks again

I hear ya there brother, just a decade behind ya.

The 2 diferent Edelbrock intakes must be the idle to 5500 rpm "Performer" and the 1500 - 6500 rpm "Performer RPM"

Auto Transport Service
Back