• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Hemi Purple People Eater Superbird Not mine

Another "Would be fun to drive around, and even show locally" than an actual classic car investment.

IMO.

Well to be transparent this is my car. I wanted to post it and see what actual honest opinions i got.

Yes it is a clone but made with a lot of real SB parts. Engine is a 70 hemi. The nose is the only glass on the car The car was finished by Mo Power Masters in Denver so it was finished right
Not saying it’s perfect by any means but it’s a solid car and i love it in the “plumb” crazy. Lol.

I do appreciate the honesty

Last edited:
"

"

Interesting...

Can't believe that "Mo Power Masters" held cardboard up to your windshield and soaked the dash with paint.

"

"

Interesting...

Can't believe that "Mo Power Masters" held cardboard up to your windshield and soaked the dash with paint.
they didnt. they finished the car. The car went through two restorations. my profile pic was what it looked like the first go around. i changed the color to "Plumb crazy." The car in person is pretty spectacular and Mo Power was very complementary on the paint job and how straight it is. Id trust their opinion on MOPARS more than most if not all.

Comment, analyze, criticize, all you want on the car itself. I wanna know... who in their fully-conscious mind would pay that money for a fake Superbird.
Well to be transparent this is my car. I wanted to post it and see what actual honest opinions i got.

Yes it is a clone but made with a lot of real SB parts. Engine is a 70 hemi. The nose is the only glass on the car The car was finished by Mo Power Masters in Denver so it was finished right
Not saying it’s perfect by any means but it’s a solid car and i love it in the “plumb” crazy. Lol.
I do appreciate the honesty
You want honesty ?? Honesty ?? Unless I missed it, tell us WHERE in the ad it indicates this is a FAKE Superbird ? And you post it with a ridiculous name "Plumb Crazy" which is NOT a Plymouth color name. Where, tell us, does the advertisement inform a potential buyer that the car is a Belvedere/Satellite originally equipped with a 318 engine, that was "transformed" into a representation of a Superbird ? There's my honesty.

Why not start the thread with this instead of “Not mine”? :realcrazy:
Maybe a misleading thread for a fraudulently-represented car ? One thing that gets under my skin, is someone attempting to pass off a car as something it is clearly NOT.

Comment, analyze, criticize, all you want on the car itself. I wanna know... who in their fully-conscious mind would pay that money for a fake Superbird.

You want honesty ?? Honesty ?? Unless I missed it, tell us WHERE in the ad it indicates this is a FAKE Superbird ? And you post it with a ridiculous name "Plumb Crazy" which is NOT a Plymouth color name. Where, tell us, does the advertisement inform a potential buyer that the car is a Belvedere/Satellite originally equipped with a 318 engine, that was "transformed" into a representation of a Superbird ? There's my honesty.
i didnt write the ad.

My honest opinion? It might be a $70K car, I wouldn't pay that but someone would... $180K & reserve not met? Good Luck with that... Superbirds are valuable, clones are cool cause you can drive them without worrying much cause they aren't particularly valuable... Hemi Superbirds are really valuable cause they are super rare....

Factory Hemi cars are valuable because Collectors see value in low production, low survival rate, rare desirable factory cars...

Cloned Hemi Superbirds aren't in that class, Realistically a Hemi Superbird clone is worth the value of a clone Superbird plus maybe 20K for the Hemi....

My take on clones is the value usually ends up a bit lower than the cost of the donor car and all the parts, paint work plays a big part in the final outcome and value of course. If you spend $15k more on paint it can net you more than that in final value vs. lesser quality work. The body paintwork on this car looks pretty good in the photos but no way to tell without seeing it in person. My perspective anyway.
I could see myself buying a car like this and fixing the glaring things that really bug me but not at a buy-in more than what I could build the thing from scratch. It would appeal to the "money but no skills" bunch though, unfortunately there is no applying logic in that case, they make emotional purchases which no-one can predict.

Not sure about other parts of the U.S but here near Detroit, Gateway is where it seems the clones and less than stellar classic cars are on consignment
I stopped looking at their ads years ago

i didnt put "not mine" in it. it was put in after i started the thread...twas strange

i didnt write the ad.
Ok... I'm scratchin' my head. YOU didn't put "not mine" on the thread title. YOU didn't write the ad. Is there a ghost writer lurking around here ? I get a ( stated diplomatically) feeling of disingenuity here. If it's YOUR car, YOU are responsible for the correct representation of the car.

Moderators can alter thread titles.
Representatives at the dealership can write the sales description for the ads.

Ok... I'm scratchin' my head. YOU didn't put "not mine" on the thread title. YOU didn't write the ad. Is there a ghost writer lurking around here ? I get a ( stated diplomatically) feeling of disingenuity here. If it's YOUR car, YOU are responsible for the correct representation of the car.
i agree with this and will have them correct the description. im not a liar by any means. it is a really nice car, and of course there are things people would nitpick that are "blaring" to them especially in a forum like this. i might just send it across the stage at BJ and see what happens. might be fun or quite depressing.

i do have to say they should have made a SB in PPE

Moderators can alter thread titles.
Representatives at the dealership can write the sales description for the ads.
im guessing a mod altered the title and i know for a fact the dealership wrote the sales description.

Not something in my price range no matter the final sell price.
However,
I hate the wheels. Like someone could not decide if they wanted to look vintage or low rider hot rod modern.
The paint to me does not say "classic car" and certainly not resto, it says "hot rod" but then doesn't have enough to it to look like a hot rod. It is just purple. And white. And black. Has that "thick" look to it, not sure how to describe that otherwise. Like the car wasn't fully stripped and there is 3 or 5 layers of paint on it, even if it is coated nicely and smooth. I would expect better for a car going 6 digits. It is shiny.

I don't want to beat up on it too much as I am not looking in person. Lately anything on Gateway has more going against than for it, and the black splatter undercoat takes confidence away more than shows it was looked at. 180k and they can't put it on a lift for pictures? C'mon man.
Says power brakes too, but I do not see a booster?
The vacuum advance is not hooked up.
They put a clip for the plug wires under the coil, but used the oil fill cap and PCV/vent tube as a guide for them on the valve covers.
Is the radiator a painted aluminum 4 core? It looks like a regular factory style. There is no fan shroud. That thing will cook if people take it out to actually run. The nose cone means there is no grill for air flow. Trusting a plastic flap under the cone to pull enough air up to keep a hemi cooled off with no fan shroud is a mistake.
I agree with others about the shiny dashboard.
The wire harness on the firewall I am sure is fine. It does not look good enough for a car that people will want to see under the hood, and especially for the asking price.

The car is nicer than my fleet of beaters, no doubt. But I am not asking 180k for mine. The car is not up to snuff for 6 digits. Good luck though, lots of rich guys doing impulse buying lately, you never know.

Not something in my price range no matter the final sell price.
However,
I hate the wheels. Like someone could not decide if they wanted to look vintage or low rider hot rod modern.
The paint to me does not say "classic car" and certainly not resto, it says "hot rod" but then doesn't have enough to it to look like a hot rod. It is just purple. And white. And black. Has that "thick" look to it, not sure how to describe that otherwise. Like the car wasn't fully stripped and there is 3 or 5 layers of paint on it, even if it is coated nicely and smooth. I would expect better for a car going 6 digits. It is shiny.

I don't want to beat up on it too much as I am not looking in person. Lately anything on Gateway has more going against than for it, and the black splatter undercoat takes confidence away more than shows it was looked at. 180k and they can't put it on a lift for pictures? C'mon man.
Says power brakes too, but I do not see a booster?
The vacuum advance is not hooked up.
They put a clip for the plug wires under the coil, but used the oil fill cap and PCV/vent tube as a guide for them on the valve covers.
Is the radiator a painted aluminum 4 core? It looks like a regular factory style. There is no fan shroud. That thing will cook if people take it out to actually run. The nose cone means there is no grill for air flow. Trusting a plastic flap under the cone to pull enough air up to keep a hemi cooled off with no fan shroud is a mistake.
I agree with others about the shiny dashboard.
The wire harness on the firewall I am sure is fine. It does not look good enough for a car that people will want to see under the hood, and especially for the asking price.

The car is nicer than my fleet of beaters, no doubt. But I am not asking 180k for mine. The car is not up to snuff for 6 digits. Good luck though, lots of rich guys doing impulse buying lately, you never know.
appreciate the comments. The car was stripped to bare metal twice and painted with the new plumb crazy. (Yes im spelling it that way now because it's funny). The car runs cool no matter if im running it hard or not. Jarred at Mo Power Masters did a great job finishing it up. Im sure he could have nick picked a bit more as he has enough vintage MOPAR parts to probably build one from the ground up. His father (RIP) was a legend.
I will have things cleaned up a bit more and sorted out though. I want to make sure whoever gets this car they are happy with it. It's fun to drive and it's a solid car.

Spelling of the color is still wrong. Here's the correct spelling...
I...N...V...I...O...L...E...T

Auto Transport Service
Back