• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Hemi Purple People Eater Superbird Not mine

1697843274912.jpeg

VIN: RH23G0A222669

$180,000 starting bid
Reserve not met

1645nn~3.jpg

1645nn~2.jpg
Screenshot_20231020-191336~2.png
1645bbbb.jpg
1645qq.jpg
1645b.jpg

Screenshot_20231020-193041~2.png

Last edited:
What a turd. If the rest of the vehicle looks as good as this what a jewel!

79BBE5EC-70D4-4242-978C-C141EB325E24.jpeg

Only $180K??? What a bargain for the only G code Plum Crazy Hemi Superbird...

The dash paint shows what an exemplary quality resto it is...

I love winged cars (from day 1)
I love the 426 HEMI
I love 4 speeds.
This car does absolutely nothing for me.

That second digit “price class” has to be an “H”. The fifth digit “G” is the 318. All RM Belvederes had the 383 “N” standard.

The In-Violet/Plum Crazy always grabs my attention. But that car, clone or not, is way out of my league.

I’m not knowledgeable about all the correct stuff on these cars, but dang what a pos.

Not a bad core to start with maybe. Interesting how they made the rare 70-71 valvecovers work on the wrong sides. Half price would allow you to make it into something cool.

@Kern Dog can tell us the difference between plumb crazy purple and plum crazy purple.

I once heard that plumb crazy purple was limited to cars equipped with a 4 speed Manuel.
:p

Screenshot_20231021-134719~3.png

Ha ha.
Plumb is a term that us guys in the trades know quite well.
When I hear someone say the wall is “level” , I shake my head.
No, “level” means when something is perfectly horizontal…. Like a glass table where you could set down a marble and it won’t roll to one side.
Plumb means perfectly up and down.

Last edited:
That second digit “price class” has to be an “H”. The fifth digit “G” is the 318. All RM Belvederes had the 383 “N” standard.
Thank you for pointing that out. I edited my post accordingly.

Thank you for pointing that out. I edited my post accordingly.
Superbirds could be “U”, “V”, or “R”, as a Belvedere medium price class. But the 222669 sequence # is out of the time frame for a Superbird build. They all had to be assembled before January 1, 1970 because of a federal front bumper regulation.

For some reason I cannot stop laughing at 'Plumb Crazy.'

Oh, now I get it, it's Vertical Crazy Purple.

What's with the wiring at the positive battery terminal and what in the world is going on with that wiring on the firewall?

Auto Transport Service
Back