• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Hemi Purple People Eater Superbird Not mine

Spelling of the color is still wrong. Here's the correct spelling...
I...N...V...I...O...L...E...T

Says the guy whose member name is "Plymcrazy".

:poke:

Says the guy whose member name is "Plymcrazy".

:poke:

Nice play on words I felt when I came up with the user name. "PlymCrazy", Crazy about my Plymouths.
It'd be incorrect to call it anything else. And this is definitely the place I'd be corrected about it if so. I don't mind being that guy this time :poke: .

1698088696276.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice play on words I felt when I came up with the user name. "PlymCrazy", Crazy about my Plymouths.
It'd be incorrect to call it anything else. And this is definitely the place I'd be corrected about it if so. I don't mind being that guy this time :poke: .

View attachment 1544750
Is that your Duster? It’s beautiful! :)

When I worked auto body back in the late 80’s, I remember Ditzler and Dupont had a slightly different mix for Plum Crazy and In Violet. The In Violet was slightly brighter when mixed as per the Chrysler spec.

Spelling of the color is still wrong. Here's the correct spelling...
I...N...V...I...O...L...E...T
thats right. **** i thought it was purple people eater. also they went with Plumcrazy because more people know plum crazy

Is that your Duster? It’s beautiful! :)

When I worked auto body back in the late 80’s, I remember Ditzler and Dupont had a slightly different mix for Plum Crazy and In Violet. The In Violet was slightly brighter when mixed as per the Chrysler spec.

Yes sir, that's my '71.
It's an original H-code, 4-spd car. Original 340 is long gone. Currently has a freshened up 340 dated 2/69 in it.
Interesting your comment about the difference in shade for C7. I never heard that before. Then again, there's so much to learn from many of you around here. I love it.
Coincidentally enough, restoring a '70 Duster in C7 back in the late 80's with my dad (he too was a body man) I fell in love with that car and color. The back lights on a '70/'71, nothing like 'em IMO.

This side is better IMO. Mama makes everything look good...

IMG_5059_Original.jpeg

Does that clone even have the rear window plug?

Yes sir, that's my '71.
It's an original H-code, 4-spd car. Original 340 is long gone. Currently has a freshened up 340 dated 2/69 in it.
Interesting your comment about the difference in shade for C7. I never heard that before. Then again, there's so much to learn from many of you around here. I love it.
Coincidentally enough, restoring a '70 Duster in C7 back in the late 80's with my dad (he too was a body man) I fell in love with that car and color. The back lights on a '70/'71, nothing like 'em IMO.

This side is better IMO. Mama makes everything look good...

View attachment 1545119
Nice! The In Violet/Plum Crazy looks awesome on the Duster body… especially without a vinyl top. As far as the color differences, I looked it up and came up blank. My mind might be slipping, but I seem to remember a difference. I’m probably wrong. :D

I've never heard of differences in colors that were coded the same.

FC7 on both Dodge and Plymouth.

I've never heard of differences in colors that were coded the same.

FC7 on both Dodge and Plymouth.
I believe that even between years, the paint formula was changed a little here and a little there. Not sure if it was different between Dodge and Plymouth tho.

I was pretty sure that the first letter of the code was the year formulation- EB5, GB5, KB5.

I was pretty sure that the first letter of the code was the year formulation- EB5, GB5, KB5.

First letter is the model year it was introduced, just like the E 383 on a 69 engine.

EB5.. 1969 B5.

FC7.. 1970 F7 C7 (thumb slip)

Last edited:
First letter is the model year it was introduced, just like the E 383 on a 69 engine.

EB5.. 1969 B5.

FC7.. 1970 F7
Yes, indeed, and the subsequent intro for the same color would be a different formulation. Example EB5 is different from GB5.

That's what I was saying.

So many people discard that first letter.

...but it's important.

EB5.. 1969 B5.

FC7.. 1970 F7

Someone tried explaining it to me at one time years ago, but it didn't quite click like it does now that I'm hearing it from you guys.
But if I'm understanding you correctly here wouldn't it be...

FC7.. 1970 C7

instead of...

FC7.. 1970 F7 as you wrote?

Not nitpicking here by any means. I just want to be sure I understand fully.

Someone tried explaining it to me at one time years ago, but it didn't quite click like it does now that I'm hearing it from you guys.
But if I'm understanding you correctly here wouldn't it be...

FC7.. 1970 C7

instead of...

FC7.. 1970 F7 as you wrote?

Not nitpicking here by any means. I just want to be sure I understand fully.
F7 is a medium dark green..
First digit = first year the color was offered Started in 1969 an 69 code is E So EB5/EF8/EV2 are 69 colors

Second digit = basic color A = Silver B = blue T = tan V = orange

Third digit = shade IE B2 = light blue B3 medium light blue B5 = Medium blue B7 = medium dark blue

F7 is a medium dark green..
First digit = first year the color was offered Started in 1969 an 69 code is E So EB5/EF8/EV2 are 69 colors

Second digit = basic color A = Silver B = blue T = tan V = orange

Third digit = shade IE B2 = light blue B3 medium light blue B5 = Medium blue B7 = medium dark blue

So which one stands?

IMG_4066.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back