• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Door Pads & Trim Help

CHAZ666

Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
I want to re-upholster my front and rear upper and lower door panels. The vinyl is ripping and I want to have it repaired. Where can I buy my own vinyl at, so I can give it to the upholster to do the job. My front and rear seats are fine. I just want to repair the door pads. Any help please.

You can typically get vinyl at any fabric store in your town. Also sometimes found on sites like ebay.

Normally you will need to purchase by the yard.

I would also check with an upolstry shop. You will save money by buying it from their supplier and not through the shop though. The Supplier will have different grains that you may not be able to get at a local fabric shop.

Re-upholster

I would also check with an upolstry shop. You will save money by buying it from their supplier and not through the shop though. The Supplier will have different grains that you may not be able to get at a local fabric shop.

Here is my problem. This is my 69 Dodge Charger, front and rear upper and lower door panels. The upholster shop told me, that because my upper door pad/molding has a design in it, that he could not reproduce that, and if I go and re-upholster it would bring the value down of the car. Can I buy the same fabric with the design ? Here is a picture of what I mean. If you see how it's ribbed, he says that cannot be reproduced, unless you buy the material the same way. The edges of this upper door molding are ripped which you cannot see in the photo, only reason why I want to repair / re-upholster it.

47374_435370628628_536208628_4995651_1107621_n.jpg

Yeah, I agree with them because of the ribbed pattern. I would say a vinyl repair kit and alot of patience.

Auto Transport Service
Back